Seen through another set of eyes.

zebra36

Like many here I have cruised quite a few times with various cruise lines including several with Carnival. My brother and his wfe just returned from their very first cruise yesterday and had nothing but praise for the entire experience. I think some of us frequent cruisers take for granted how great these vacations are and become less impressed with the whole experience the more we cruise, which is unfortunate.

So true. I hate to say it, but maybe we start to take certain things for granted on our cruise vacations. That is why people flame the cruise lines when things are "taken away." Glad there are 2 more happy cruisers to join the ranks.

What a great post!!! :)

I have cruised Carnival enough to be Platinum and RCCL once. But I agree... Every cruise line has some GREAT points...

Our attitudes play a lot in our appreciation of the cruise. And sometimes we forget how pampered and well cared for we are!!!

Thanks for the reminder!!!

I have to say that I have never had a "bad" cruise. Granted, some have been better than others. Maybe I am just fortunate. I have to agree that attitude has a lot to do with it. I only take a few weeks off work each year where I am truly "off work." The fact that when I am on the ship with no cell phone, no email or voice mail and really no wories except what to eat next plays a big part. Also, getting away from central ILL. winter for a while is a big plus. :D

I do believe that there are some things that don't have the dazzle that they did when I first started cruising but there is still no other way that I would want to spend my vacation.

Dave

Yep, I agree. That's why you have seasoned cruisers who come on here and say their cruise was 'ruined' because there was a kid in a hottub, or they changed the brand of hotdogs they use, or one day the music at the pool wasn't to their liking.....please.

Yep, I agree. That's why you have seasoned cruisers who come on here and say their cruise was 'ruined' because there was a kid in a hottub, or they changed the brand of hotdogs they use, or one day the music at the pool wasn't to their liking.....please.

Well said. :D I have never understood that either.

Enjoy your day!

Dave

Or they found a hole in one of their towels! I read that in a review. Imagine that, your vacation ruined because there was a hole in a towel.

I wonder if people like that have ever had a "good" day as life, like that towel, sometimes gets torn.

When my hunnie and I were dating I told him that I'd be happy just sitting in a muddy irrigation ditch as long as I was doing it with him. I still remind him of that now and then because being with him makes everything better for me.

And whenever I get upset about things I try to remind MYSELF of that too.

If I'm willing to sit in a muddy irrigation ditch with the man I love, how could I complain about going on a cruise with him?? Even if there was a hole in our towel.

They changed the brand of hotdogs? WHAT???

That's the final straw! :mad:

:D

Archived