TA's OBC not supposed to be on 'Print Cruise Docs' on Carnival's site pre-sail?

xerenthar

somewhere i read that OBC should show up on your 'print cruise documents' option pre-sail if you choose to print those docs from carnival's site. mine still isn't there, so i emailed my TA. i got this response:

Happy Holidays...since is an onboard credit the only place you will see this would be on your on board account. Let me know if you have any questions.

is this true? i have $125 coming from my TA (first time i've booked with him) and i don't want to show up onboard to have $0!

somewhere i read that OBC should show up on your 'print cruise documents' option pre-sail if you choose to print those docs from carnival's site. mine still isn't there, so i emailed my TA. i got this response:

is this true? i have $125 coming from my TA (first time i've booked with him) and i don't want to show up onboard to have $0!

It is true. Our CC group cruise OBCs don't show up on our cruise documents, OBCs that I have received for price drops (not booked as a group cruise) and credits applied from my Seamiles card do show up.

The TA credits will be on your account, but I'm not sure they are on the 1st day........I'll check when I get home.

Be sure you have some document that details that fact that you are due an OBC, but 99% of the time you won't need it, but just to be safe I'd bring it.

The TA is not allowed to give you more than $25 perks .. or they take the chance of not being allowed to sell Carnival cruises. If this is something under the table, which it sounds like it is, no it will never show up because they are not allowed to give you that much OBC....

Our OBC's from our TA always show up on our onboard account, but never show up on our documents. I just keep a copy of everything, including a copy of my shipboard account. If my OBC ever does not show up, I'll have what I need to take action against the TA. Thank goodness, I've never had to do that.

The TA is not allowed to give you more than $25 perks .. or they take the chance of not being allowed to sell Carnival cruises. If this is something under the table, which it sounds like it is, no it will never show up because they are not allowed to give you that much OBC....

My TA was able to give us $50 OBC each because the private comedy shows on board for our group were cancelled.

Maybe it was a special situation for him, but we did get $50 each for 5 people. It didn't show on the pre-cruise docs but was on the account on the first day.

My TA was able to give us $50 OBC each because the private comedy shows on board for our group were cancelled.

Maybe it was a special situation for him, but we did get $50 each for 5 people. It didn't show on the pre-cruise docs but was on the account on the first day.

If the TA cancelled a PRIVATE show .. thats part of your group price no doubt. They still are not supposed to give that much OBC as of Nov 1st.

Maybe they have marked up the price of the cruise because of the private shows and that accounts for it.. ? there probably is a reason .. but things changed for groups too as of Nov 1st.

If the TA cancelled a PRIVATE show .. thats part of your group price no doubt. They still are not supposed to give that much OBC as of Nov 1st.

Maybe they have marked up the price of the cruise because of the private shows and that accounts for it.. ? there probably is a reason .. but things changed for groups too as of Nov 1st.

So if the cruise was booked before Nov. 1, can the TA give more than $25 OBC? I'm just curious cause my TA promised me $75 OBC, which is why we booked through her. Otherwise, I would have just booked it directly from Carnival. This was booked back in September or October.

So if the cruise was booked before Nov. 1, can the TA give more than $25 OBC? I'm just curious cause my TA promised me $75 OBC, which is why we booked through her. Otherwise, I would have just booked it directly from Carnival. This was booked back in September or October.

bump :)

one TA did say 25 was the new limit, but i was offered from 25 up to 125 by about 10 TAs.

My Miracle cruise last month (booked 14 months in advance so well before any pricing restrictions) I had $250 OBC from my TA and it showed up on my docs before the cruise. The $100 OBC from my Carnival FCC did not. :rolleyes:

All was there when I got onboard however. :)

Archived