Which is better Aft C1 or Aft FV ?

reklawr

I posted a similar question yesterday. I went from a C1 aft (vista deck) to a corner FV balcony. In my case, there wasn't too much of a decision to make. Those corner balconies are nice and we're on a warm weather itinerary.

My understanding is that the non-corner FV's have pretty much the same balcony as all other aft C1s. The difference is the interior of the cabin; you get a whole extra sitting room that is divided off from the sleeping area. So, if you are only two people and one of you goes to bed much later or rises much earlier, this might be good.

Of course, with the FV you "lose" the concierge "perks", but people don't seem to think those are really worth much anyway. If you want the concierge breakfast, i've heard that passing your cabin steward a $20 will get you the concierge breakfast menus.

It's your choice: extra room in your cabin or concierge perks?

I have an aft cabin 7203 booked on Constellation.

If an aft FV comes open should I take it?

I was able to change from an aft C1 to a corner FV like Island_Chica.

I grabbed it when I saw it.:)

Hi everyone,

DH and I will be on Summit May 2011 and right now we are booked in an CC1 AFT balcony. We have never been in a balcony and are sooooooooo looking forward to our AFT cabin.

When reading recent posts regarding FV AFT cabins, I never realized that this might be an option as we get closer to our travel date.

I was wondering, if a FV AFT becomes available closer to departure, can two people book such a room? If yes, we of course will try to get that room and lose CC privleges, which I am not so worried about. If the rates are different (CC being more expensive) do you think they would offer us OBC?

Thanks so much for all your input :)

Hi everyone,

DH and I will be on Summit May 2011 and right now we are booked in an CC1 AFT balcony. We have never been in a balcony and are sooooooooo looking forward to our AFT cabin.

When reading recent posts regarding FV AFT cabins, I never realized that this might be an option as we get closer to our travel date.

I was wondering, if a FV AFT becomes available closer to departure, can two people book such a room? If yes, we of course will try to get that room and lose CC privleges, which I am not so worried about. If the rates are different (CC being more expensive) do you think they would offer us OBC?

Thanks so much for all your input :)

I had my TA call Celebrity yesterday to find out what the possibilities are for switching from CC1 to FV. As I mentioned previously, we got our CC1 at a much lower rate than what the price was lately. However, it looks like the prices are similar at this time (for our cruise!). The answer our TA got was that we would need to pay about $1000 pp to change to a FV cabin. Having an aft CC now, it does not make sense to change for the difference in cost.

By the way, when you say "two people book such a room", do you mean two couples?

Gerry

Two people (one couple) can book an FV. If fv's aren't selling, x will release them for two early on sometimes. I know because they did for us on our original booking. When we had to switch dates, we got a cc aft and then waited until 45 days before sailing, when x released the remaining two fv's for general purchase.

If it's after final pay date and the cost of an fv is less than a cc, you cannot get obc. Again, I know because it happened to us.

Thanks for the input......I'm watching for one to open up. :D

Check a week before final payment...that is when we got ours. I checked the cruise after ours...it is one week before their final payment. It also, now, has an FV for booking.

I wanted to mention that when we switched from an aft CC to an FV, it cost us less. It doesn't make sense but who's complaining!!!:D

Hi again everyone and sorry for not getting back here sooner.

Gerry (Eliger)--I meant that only DH and I would see if we could get such a cabin closer to the cruise if it came available.

I never thought that the price different for an Aft FV would be so large. I guess I will just continue to check the Celebrity website and see if one comes available and what the cost is.

Thanks everyone for all your input :)

It is sometimes easy to book an FV for only 2 people on a TA or other longer cruise when it is not a school vacation time.

We were able to book a corner FV for the April 2010 Constellation TA while onboard Equinox during the November 2009 TA. Originally the website only showed the Gty. offering, but within a couple of days I was able to "run" to the FC desk and get the Gty. switched to the fantastic 8166 when it opened. The FCC said it was not possible that it could be showing 6 months in advance for just 2 people, but he was wrong:D. (It was a GREAT choice of cabin for us for returning to Europe -- after 6 months in the U.S. --with our 9 pieces of luggage.:p)

We just made the change from a CC3 (not aft) to a corner FV (9156 I think.) It was $150 pp more than we had paid for the CC3 on the same deck, but the room and balcony combined are more than 500 Sq. Ft. So we had to do it. However we were a little ticked off that Celebrity upcharged us for our air as well! No much but how they could justify it I didn't really understand. Our cruise is 8 weeks out, we had made the final payment, and it is just the two of us in the room. The rooms do look fantastic. Island Chica, I think you were going to be on our 2/19 but you changed dates? Maybe I got your room! I was surprised it was available because it is school vacation week in most of the Northeast.

Archived