Would you upgrade from Cove to 8th deck balcony?

bender031177

I will be staying in a Cove in February and would not change, even for free, to a higher floor because of the 5th deck promenade and the lack of privacy to the balconies above. However, it depends on where your cabin would be located. The Coves are highly rated by passengers - everyone just loves them! They offer much more privacy and apparently the view of the ocean is fantastic! So, I say keep your Cove!

We've been offered an upgrade from our cove balcony to a regular balcony on the verandah deck (deck 8, 2 decks below lido) for $40 total. That's $40 for both of us, not for each person and not for each day. $40.

Would you take it?

NO, we had a cove on The Carnival Dream and It was the coolest feeling in the world being that close to the water, and privacy is a plus. We loved our cove Balcony. ::D

NO, we had a cove on The Carnival Dream and It was the coolest feeling in the world being that close to the water, and privacy is a plus. We loved our cove Balcony. ::D

Just curious, do you remember your number? we will be in 2345! It seems to be under the dining room, so I'm guessing noise should not be a problem at night....was it quiet for you?

Just curious, do you remember your number? we will be in 2345! It seems to be under the dining room, so I'm guessing noise should not be a problem at night....was it quiet for you?

We were in 2349 right next door very quiet you will love it. Dining room is carpeted so you don't have the noise. The noise folks are talking about is being under the galley.

PS to the OP don't change

HECK NO!! Having been in regular balconies higher up on various ships and in a COVE, I would never upgrade. The Cove is the best thing around.

Here is a link to a few of the view from our Cove (Cabin #2288)

http://s1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/Luvs2Cruise_album/Dream%20Cruise/.

Note: I did not have to use the zoom on my camera to capture these shots due to the proximity of our cabin location.

I stayed in that room, and it was extremely quiet. No worries, you will love your balcony.

To the OP: I would not upgrade, to me it would be a downgrade.

We were in 2349 right next door very quiet you will love it. Dining room is carpeted so you don't have the noise. The noise folks are talking about is being under the galley.

PS to the OP don't change

Thanks for the info! When we originally booked, back in August, we chose the Cove because it was the lowest fare for balconies - then the agent from Carnival said to me "however, you must realize that the balconies are cut outs in the ship and there will be a lot more metal" I decided that any balcony was better than none so I took it........then I found Cruise Critic and was just thrilled at all the positive comments on the Cove - can't wait!

I stayed in that room, and it was extremely quiet. No worries, you will love your balcony.

To the OP: I would not upgrade, to me it would be a downgrade.

Thanks so much, I've never looked foward to anything so much, I love to be quiet and read and get away from the crowds, so I think it will be just perfect for us!

I have yet to see a Cove balcony cabin. We have been on the Dream 3 times. Once in a mid-ship suite (deck 7) and twice in aft-corner cabins (deck 6 and 7). Given our significant displeasure with the exterior promenade deck: blocking view straight down to the water, lights on that deck all night, and the noise from people on that deck (hot tubs) - I would say, with little reservation, that if we ever sailed on another Dream class ship again (possible but unlikely) that it would be in a Cove!

Tom

Hell ya!!!! For $40 to be in a cabin 9 decks above the water sandwiched between two passenger decks and well above the engine room. Add to that a 100% guanratee that you'll be able to use the balcony all the time, go for it!!

Cove balconies are great and being close to the water is cool, but the balconies can be locked off for use of the winds or seas are to high or the winds too strong.

Happy cruising!

Cove balconies are really cool, but it's sort of a hike to the pool. I personally get impatient waiting for the elevators and like to take the stairs for exercise. It's a long way to the pool deck. That's the ONLY downside. Try it for a unique experience!!!!!

Well, I agree with all of you and didn't want to give up the cove but I was out voted 3-1 and we have taken the $40 upsell from the cove balconies to balconies on deck 9 (all the way forward so we don't have to worry about noise from the Lido deck).

We had adjoining rooms but the divider on coves can't be opened so we chose to upgrade to a regular balcony so we can open the divider and have a much larger balcony. That was the deciding factor, really. The rooms are next to each other but no longer connecting but that's no big deal because we are 2 couples, not a family and we will still be able to connect through the balcony now.

I definitely like the location better but I would have liked to experience the cove. Oh well, it's just an excuse to try the Magic when it is put into service!

:)

HECK NO!! Having been in regular balconies higher up on various ships and in a COVE, I would never upgrade. The Cove is the best thing around.

Here is a link to a few of the view from our Cove (Cabin #2288)

Alittle concerned about the noise from the gangway... we are in the cabin right next to 2288. Was there much noise?

I was in a cove just a month ago and would not trade it for a 8 series balcony

I am not certain I would trade it for an aft wrap for that price.

Now if the upgrade fairies went nuts and threw a suite out at that price I might be tempted to jump.... only might

Just love the cove balcony!

Nope, never heard a sound. It was one of the quietest cabins I have ever been in.

We did enjoy watching the people come on and off the ship. Lots of great pic opportunities. Especially when we were in St. Maarten. Watched several people RUN down the pier to the Princess ship all the way at the end. And we watch 2 taxi's driving late passengers down the pier lights flashing, horns blaring, as well. That was interesting...Guess those passengers just weren't able to tell time. The passengers walking back to the Solstice and the Dream were literally jumping out to the way of the cabs. :eek: Made great video highlights.

I have tons of pics on my Facebook page (two albums worth) from my Dream cruise. I just picked a few pics to share on CC.

Archived