Got a move-over offer from Princess!

Infi

Yesterday afternoon I received an email from my TA with a move over offer for our Christmas cruise on the Island on 12/20. The offer was only for balconies BA-BH. If we switched cruises, Princess was offering free 2nd passenger cruise fare (as refundable OBC), complimentary cabin upgrade, and covered air change fee up to $150pp. Offer was first come, first serve, and according to the email, the TA gets a $50 benefit if one accepts. (Never knew about that part.) The new cruise had to be after January 9, 2011 or later, so unfortunately, I can't take them up on the offer.

Sorry for the post, I just wanted to share. I know people are curious about the move over offers Princess gives, and this is the first time I've received one from them, so I was interested to see it.

Many people can only cruise over the holidays. School vacations allow many the time for a trip. Families plan to cruise together. All these combine to discourage people from accepting an offer.

While that may be possibly true, there are many pax that are not traveling with children or as a family gathering....they will get some folks to "move over" when the "sweet spot" of compensation hits someones fancy I assure you ! For me, I would not want the OBC refund for the 2nd pax......give me the refund to my c.card where I know it is a full value and the cruiseline is not benefitting from it. OBC is great for the cruiseline as what they give you is not even costing them 50% of the offer !

While that may be possibly true, there are many pax that are not traveling with children or as a family gathering....they will get some folks to "move over" when the "sweet spot" of compensation hits someones fancy I assure you ! For me, I would not want the OBC refund for the 2nd pax......give me the refund to my c.card where I know it is a full value and the cruiseline is not benefitting from it. OBC is great for the cruiseline as what they give you is not even costing them 50% of the offer !

You can always walk off the ship with cash from any unused OBC, so how is it only costing them 50%. Do they have som TARP money from Obama?

You can always walk off the ship with cash from any unused OBC, so how is it only costing them 50%. Do they have som TARP money from Obama?

But many folks do not know this and THINK they have to spend all of it onboard.....not everyone knows about Cruise Critic ! Nothing to do with politics at all.....just the simple fact that if it is used onboard, anything purchased at face value is costing the cruiseline 50% or less...they come out smiling !

Yesterday afternoon I received an email from my TA with a move over offer for our Christmas cruise on the Island on 12/20. The offer was only for balconies BA-BH. If we switched cruises, Princess was offering free 2nd passenger cruise fare (as refundable OBC), complimentary cabin upgrade, and covered air change fee up to $150pp.

Doesn't seem like much of an offer, as the holiday cruises are more

expensive than other times. They're offering you a cruise which

costs much less, with out much incentive.

Last year, princess offered us a move over for a ny eve cruise.

Wasn't worth it, as some other week would not be ny eve.

Did take a move over in June, though -- where the week didn't really

matter.

Don't have a cabin for NY Eve this year, with 8 days to go, so I

would not be surprised to get an offer again.

Doesn't seem like much of an offer, as the holiday cruises are more

expensive than other times. They're offering you a cruise which

costs much less, with out much incentive.

That's how I see it too ..

100% agree

Srpilo

Though I realize that this isn't the best offer Princess gives, I thought people might be interested in seeing what a move over offer could contain. I'm positive they'll have to sweeten the deal considerably to get enough people to bow out of a Christmas cruise, both due to the holiday and cruise cost. Kudos to those who can take advantage of it, I'm sure they can get a great deal if they negotiate well.

But considering that I couldn't take the move over offer even if I wanted to, I'm not really interested in wasting Princess' time and mine and trying to see how much "better" I could do.

The TARP funds were created when Bush signed the bill on October 3, 2008. It is now expected that the TARP bailout of financial institutions will cost the taxpayers $30 billion since most has been paid back. Your accusation that Obama had anything to do with TARP is incorrect. The bill was passed by the House 263-171 and Senate 74-25. A large number of republicans backed the bill. What Obama did do was attach strings to the money limiting what the recipients could pay their top management and other conditions. The TARP bailout was Bush's program.

Archived