Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites or Renaissance?

lindy sails

:confused: Which one would you chose? Rates are similar for a 2 night stay. I would have free parking at one and free breakfast at the other. Since I haven;t been to either hotel I was wondering how clean and nice the rooms were; comfortable beds, and the pool areas. If you have stayed at either I would love to hear your comments.

Thanks!

:confused: Which one would you chose? Rates are similar for a 2 night stay. I would have free parking at one and free breakfast at the other. Since I haven;t been to either hotel I was wondering how clean and nice the rooms were; comfortable beds, and the pool areas. If you have stayed at either I would love to hear your comments.

Thanks!

The Renaissance is much nicer than the Embassy.

While both hotels are comfortable and I have stayed in both. I pick the Renaissance. I remember when the Embassy Suites opened and was the height of luxury, happy hour - unheard of- and a cooked-to- order breakfast - why the people flocked to the place.

They have not done too much since, it's still clean, nice and all the amenities still in place. but Needs updating, for sure.

The Renaissance is fresh, clean and very comfortable - does not have the food & drinks complimentary but the food & drinks are great at thier hotel.

Have fun whatever you choose, M.A.

Our preference has always been the Embassy Suites...

Still a great location on 17th ST.... free Mangers Reception in the evening and cooked to order buffet breakfast...

Hotel is in decent shape and is much like all other Embassy Suites around the country..we have stayed there 8-9 times and will do so again...

We just stayed at Embassy suites in November and thought is was not great. The sheets and pillowcases were stained yellow. The bathrooms were dirty. We also stayed at the Renaissance as well. I would stay at the Renaissance again. It is not a luxury hotel, but it is decent and the cab ride to the port was inexpensive. Have a good time on your cruise.

We stayed at the Renaissance last year and it is very nice. Staff is friendly. Breakfast does cost about $10 plus tax and tip but it very good and includes coffee.

If you come early they will make every effort to get you in as soon as a room becomes available (cleaned from the person who left) and their amenities are very nice. We did not have our laptop and they have a business centre which is free to use and the printer as well for up to 25 sheets. Nice place to do your boarding pass if you are leaving from a cruse and before going home by air.

Haven't stayed at FLL Embassy Suites, but we have stayed at Renaissance (on 17th St) several times, and we enjoy the hotel, pool, and convenience to restaurants and Walgreens. Also a nice bakery and Einsteins's Bagels closeby. Am trying to book again on priceline for Feb 4th, but the prices are high for some reason.....

Pam in KY

I stayed at the Renaissance last week and enjoyed my stay quite a bit. I got the room on Priceline for $69 when bidding for a 3-star and was assigned the 4-star Renaissance. Previous stays at the Embassy Suites were nice also, but, more expensive.

We have stayed at the Renaissance twice and will be there in February. Nice hotel, but there food and beverage cost is a bit on the high side.

One evening we had drinks in the lounge. A small Tangueray Ten & tonic was $14 plus tax. We went to a nice restaurant elsewhere and the same drink, but perhaps a little taller, was $9.

There are restaurants nearby that you can walk to and Einstein's is great for breakfast.

Also, you can walk about a block to the water taxi.

We have stayed at the Renaissance twice and will be there in February. Nice hotel, but there food and beverage cost is a bit on the high side.

One evening we had drinks in the lounge. A small Tangueray Ten & tonic was $14 plus tax. We went to a nice restaurant elsewhere and the same drink, but perhaps a little taller, was $9.

There are restaurants nearby that you can walk to and Einstein's is great for breakfast.

Also, you can walk about a block to the water taxi.

It's a stone's throw from Bimini Boatyard.

I checked into the Rnaissance last night. Lovely hotel, rooms appear to be recently updated. I got a sweet rate through AAA $116 that includes parking! Since I was a Marriott Rewards member I was upgraded to the Club level that provides a great breakfast and reception hour from 4-10 pm. It may not have the nice pool area as the ES, but the pool is good. Just a little noisey from the traffic. :)

I checked into the Renaissance last night. Lovely hotel, rooms appear to be recently updated. I got a sweet rate through AAA $116 that includes parking! Since I was a Marriott Rewards member I was upgraded to the Club level that provides a great breakfast and reception hour from 4-10 pm. It may not have the nice pool area as the ES, but the pool is fine. Just a little noisey from the traffic. Great hotel for a pre cruise stay! :)

Archived