Uniworld, Treasures of Prague,Rhine and Main

fred111

We have cruised with Uniworld several times and really like the company. When they came out with the 2 for 1 special we jumped on it. We were not planning a third cruise in 2011 but........

Anyone else on the Oct 21 trip from Prague to Cologne?

Fred, we will be on this trip this coming April 21st and will be coming into Prague a day early and will probably stay at the same hotel Uniworld is just for the convenience if I can get their discounted rate. At the end we will be taking the train from Cologne directly to Frankfurt Airport so we can take the 2PM direct flight to Orlando. You will no doubt have a lot of info from me and others before your October trip. Steve

Boards - it is a true "2-for-1" booking (lowest category cabin). We have been looking at it - but have a daughter going to NZ for school, and so think we need to head there. Now - if the lottery comes through before the end of December....:D we'll do both.

We are on that cruise April 17th. First river cruise. And we just booked a canal boat trip in England (more muscle needed there):D.

Can I ask what the price ended up being for 2 people with the 2for1 deal?

We were happy with our deal then when we looked it up we are in the higher category.:D It says it has a juliet balcony. The ship doesn't show any. Are they changing this with the refurb?

I will report back when we return.

For two of us in a Cat 1 cabin the cost for the 10 days was less than $4000 using our travel agent (good discount). A Cat 2 cabin would have been about $3300 for two and a Cat 3 cabin about $2600 for two.

This includes the seven day cruise, a couple of nights in a Prague hotel, transportation from Prague to Nurenburg (where the boat is located), etc.

Cost would have been about $3000 or so more (depending on sailing date) if there was no 2 for 1 deal.

We sailed on the River Ambassador before and really liked the crew - very professional. The cabins are a bit smaller than the other Uniworld boats but were well laid out and were very comfortable.

This is the first time I have seen a two for one special on Uniworld. They may have had it before but I didn't see it. The good thing about this special is that it is a real two for one. They didn't jack up the prices and then do the special. I have a lot of respect for this cruise line and the way that they do business.

Uniworld was offering a two for one that ended today. I asked for quote and they called and I had to call back, but the wait was too long so I hung up. I was hoping to get some idea of the real cost, I wonder if anyone has booked the cruise - it would have been for May 29, 2011? The price on Uniworld was 3199, plus port costs of 122 and cat. 2 of 350. If that was going to be the total for two (you would have to double the 122 and 350) that would be a fairly reasonable price. But I didn't get confirmation. I will try again when they offer it again. It would have been on the River Ambassador.

Boards, you had the price right. Just divide the base price in half to get your starting per person price. Then add the $112, the $5 and then any cabin upgrade and you've got the price. It was a good deal. Maybe they will extend it. Also, you can try a travel agent instead of going to Uniworld directly. You might get faster service.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My family and I are going on the July 29th Prague to Cologne sailing (family friendly - whatever that means....) and I was wondering if anyone else has signed up fro that cruise? Looking forward to reading everyone's comments prior to out trip.

We sailed the Nile last February with Uniworld and had a great time. Thank goodness we went last year before Egypt fell apart.

King Dodo

Should be a great trip. We have been to Prague before. If you have the time, I recommend you get to town a few days early. There is plenty to see and do. I think Prague is one of the nicest cities in the world.

Archived