Greetings from the Equinox!

crazygirl!

There were about 10 or 11 people in our group, which was a good amount. Levi does not take more than 12 per group. We were driven in a comfortable van (with air conditioning and drinks - try the Dominican beer!) with Levi telling us all about Dominica as he drove. He stopped along the routes to point things out and to let us take pictures. He was very diligent about making sure everyone got their shot before moving on. We had no trouble hearing him and we could ask all the questions we wanted. He has a really fun personality and a great sense of humor! He knows the island so well and also got us to each place before the crowds. We felt like we had plenty of opportunities to chat with Levi directly and ask as many questions as we wanted. At each location he made sure that each of us had time to experience it, which I have never gotten in a big excursion through the ship (there are way too many people and they're already moving on by the time you get to see what you're supposed to see). I felt totally safe and comfortable the whole time. I suppose your experience would also depend on the others in your group, but we had a great group and we all took pictures of each other and made sure each of us took turns getting close up to things. I am not sure exactly what "personal" experience you are looking for, but I do highly recommend Levi if you like any of the group tours he offers. It was also fun having others to share the experiences with.

Thanks. I am actually looking for a group tour, but Levi (and other Dominica operators) will only price me for a minimum of four people. If they don't get four (or more) then we will have to pay more so I really don't want to leave it to chance on the day as it makes it quite expensive.

Urgh, I've called Celebrity on this 2x. In July we are booked just 3 doors down OP and are VERY concerned about the smoke. They can't give me a straight answer about deck 5 being a smoking section. Really don't want to move but I don't think I have a choice since I'm traveling with children.

Urgh, I've called Celebrity on this 2x. In July we are booked just 3 doors down OP and are VERY concerned about the smoke. They can't give me a straight answer about deck 5 being a smoking section. Really don't want to move but I don't think I have a choice since I'm traveling with children.

I am not a smoker, but as I recall there is just a small area where smoking is allowed on this deck. Quite frankly, we have not found smoking to be a problem on our Equinox cruises, although there are a few non smokers who seem somewhat disturbed.

We were on the Xmas Eqnox. After careful consideration, we chose adjoining rooms 6220/6222. Too many times we'd go out on the balcony & smell smoke and have to retreat. Too many times we'd have to run to close the sliding glass door because smoke came wafting in & permeated the cabin. I would then go out on the balcony & call out "Stop Smoking!!!" Made me feel better but the offender just kept on........:mad:

Thanks. I am actually looking for a group tour, but Levi (and other Dominica operators) will only price me for a minimum of four people. If they don't get four (or more) then we will have to pay more so I really don't want to leave it to chance on the day as it makes it quite expensive.

Really? Thats odd...I booked just my husband and myself. Others in the group were couples as well. Maybe they don't have any other bookings that day, so they need more than 2 to make it worthwhile? Have you tried to hook up with others on your roll call? Sorry you're having such trouble!

We also tried to get information prior to leaving for our cruise and weren't able to get anywhere. They suggested we speak with the hotel director once on board, which we attempted to do. We just were never able to get anywhere with this. The only thing they seemed to do for us was "move" the ashtray (about 2 feet), which didn't change a thing. Unfortunately, unless they remove that area as a smoking area, I don't think there is anything else they can do to help the situation. My husband is very sensitive to smoke, so he had a really hard time with the smell. And, while I really hate the smell of smoke, I was able to sit on the balcony at times and deal with it - as long as no one was actually smoking while I was there. When no one is actually smoking, you only have the lingering smell of smoke. When they are smoking, it's pretty bad. If it's going to bother you, then I suggest you try to move your cabin before it's too late (which it was for us).

A number of years ago when we sailed the Carabian. (sp) We listened to a great band pool side. Does anyone know if there might be one on the Equinox 1-17-2011?

garardo

not sure if it's the same band (or if they're good or not), but there was a steel drum player at various times.

Talked to someone in the customer resolutions department and FINALLY got them to agree there is a smoking area on deck. Had to call my travel agent (who I hate dealing with by the way, long story) and she called and they told her there is no smoking area on dek 5 :confused:. Anyway, told her I don't care just move us!

Archived