Cabo with 5 and 3 year olds

Polina

We will be cruising on Carnival next month to Baja Mexico. Our only port of call is in Cabo, for 2 days. What would you recommend for kid-friendly activities or excursions? I looked at the Carnival list of excursions and most of them either exclude one or both kids because of their young age, and/or cost an arm and a leg. My hubby speaks Spanish, so that should make it easier to do something locally/unaffiliated. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Get yourself a guidebook on Cabo and go it on your own....there's seldom a need for a guide in almost any port...especially if you speak the language! Libraries are free, but bookstores have them, too.

It will tell you everything you need to know.

I've done several land based and honestly all cruise excursions are pricey and in places like Mexico if you can avoid the official tours you can save a lot, but also need to select carefully.

IMHO for kids those age what is available beyond beach is mighty sparse.

If you bring life jackets, you can hire one of the small boats from the dock to take you around to the rocks and see the seals, visit "Lover's Beach" (no facilities there though). There are also glass bottom boats and I'm not sure if it's the right time of year, whale watching boat rides. I'd go over to the Mexico ports of call boards and post there - I've found lots of helpful suggestions there.

Best,

Mia

I think we'll be quite content finding a family friendly beach and hanging out there for a while. We can take a cab there if needed. Any recommendations?

Whale watching sounds like fun too, assuming my 3-year-old can handle being out there for so long and we can figure out what the kids can take for sea sickness.

I am all for foregoing cruise excursions and finding local activities/tours, as long as they come recommended and safe. I've posted on the ports of call board and have not gotten any replies yet, unfortunately.

Archived