Credit Card Instead of Euros?

Andiamo39

Does anyone know if vendors in Martinique generally will take credit cards for small purchases (pastries, souvenirs) if someone doesn't have euros ?

Most of the smaller stores will have a minimum amount that you will have to spend to use your credit card. (e.g. 10 euros)

I was on a cruise a couple of weeks ago that stopped in Isles Des Saintes(Guadaloupe) and Martinique. I used my debit card to withdraw some euros to use at both the ports. The ATM gave me the choice of 20 euros or more.

Aloha,

John

Thanks for the info JCL. I just hate the thought of withdrawing only 20 Euros from an ATM. By the time you get done paying the exorbitant fees charged by both the Martinique and my bank, I may as well pay the outrageous fees charged by the ship.

When I travel to Europe, I always withdraw the maximum-that way the ATM fees are spread out over a large amount. Sadly, I'm not planning to travel to Europe any time soon. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to buy a lot of pastries. It's not the worst thing in the world. :)

• 1 year later...

Archived