head phones

jimiam

Yes - but whether it'll work for you depends on your airline and its own policies.

The airlines I usually fly on have no problems with me bringing and using my own headphones rather than the ones they give out. But as they're not charging for the in-flight entertainment, they have no reason to be upset.

If the airline(s) that you're flying will charge you, you'll have to ask them what their policies are. (Start with the airline website.) I think some of the airlines that still charge for IFE are still renting headphones, and will therefore want money every time you use the IFE. But there are others which just sell headphones to you, and allow you use ones that you've brought along, or bought on a previous flight, or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending upon the type of audio equipment the airline uses will affect your ability to plug your own ear phones in. Most airlines now use the mini-audio jack that is compatible with most earphones.

United did away with charging for ear phones and allow the use of personal headsets or give you ones for free.

Archived