Hampton Inn FLL

takeavacation

I booked through Bookit for my upcoming January cruise and there was indeed a mystery hotel which turned out to be the Hampton on Stirling. I just double checked and there is no mystery hotel listed for my dates either... wonder if they took it away this close to the travel date?

LOL -- the hotel is certainly still there. I just am hoping to pay less than the $143 it currently is listed at (for 1/3/11).

Book on the Hilton web sit and use this code in the corporate rate line..

the MVP rate is $127...

When I was in FLL pre-cruise in October - I booked the Hampton Inn thru bookitdotcom -- it was the "mystery hotel" and was about $70 for the night.

I'm going again, pre-cruise in early January --- and I can't find ANY mystery hotel on this same website. Any idea if it isn't available anymore?

Thanks

Which Hampton Inn are you referring to? There are a few in Fort Lauderdale.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Sterling Road earlier this month and were disappointed.

We didn't realize that it was a bare bones facility. Be warned that this is not a good place to stay if you will have a lot of luggage. We had a lot of luggage and expected that there would be someone to help us with it and a place in the lobby to store the heavy stuff so we wouldn't have to haul everything to our room. There was no one to help with the luggage and no place to store it. We arrived about 10 PM and there was not even a luggage cart to use to bring our bags to the room. The desk clerk told us that guests who had arrived earlier had evidently kept the carts in their rooms for use the next morning. I had to make several trips to bring all our bags up to our room. The next morning I counted only six carts. The room was very small and very crowded with all our luggage in it. It didn't even have a closet. There was a very small armoire with very little space to hang our clothes.

On the positive side, the continental breakfast was good and the shuttle service to the pier was good.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Sterling Road earlier this month and were disappointed.

We didn't realize that it was a bare bones facility. Be warned that this is not a good place to stay if you will have a lot of luggage. We had a lot of luggage and expected that there would be someone to help us with it and a place in the lobby to store the heavy stuff so we wouldn't have to haul everything to our room. There was no one to help with the luggage and no place to store it. We arrived about 10 PM and there was not even a luggage cart to use to bring our bags to the room. The desk clerk told us that guests who had arrived earlier had evidently kept the carts in their rooms for use the next morning. I had to make several trips to bring all our bags up to our room. The next morning I counted only six carts. The room was very small and very crowded with all our luggage in it. It didn't even have a closet. There was a very small armoire with very little space to hang our clothes.

On the positive side, the continental breakfast was good and the shuttle service to the pier was good.

Sorry to hear about the trials and tribulations you had with your luggage, and no carts being available. I will be staying there pre-cruise in Jan.-traveling solo, so just one bag. My question is: since you arrived so late, were you the last one to sign up for the shuttle to the pier? If so, what time did you arrive at the pier, just out of curiosity? Thanks. Happy cruising and Happy Holidays! Urbanhawk

Urbanhawk asked "what time did you arrive at the pier, just out of curiosity?" I think that we may have been the last to sign up for the shuttle. No problem there. As I recall we were on the ship about noon. In time to have lunch in the dining room.

Urbanhawk asked "what time did you arrive at the pier, just out of curiosity?" I think that we may have been the last to sign up for the shuttle. No problem there. As I recall we were on the ship about noon. In time to have lunch in the dining room.

Thanks, Bobed1927....that's good info to know...

Archived