stockholders OBC

happy5

Has anyone had trouble getting the OBC? I faxed the info in 3 weeks ago, called about 10 days ago, and called again Monday. Was told it would be applied on Monday...it was not...so I e-mailed and received an reply thanking me for my patience. We leave on the Conquest on Sunday Dec 26!!!!

Should I be worried? Is there anything I should be doing to make sure I have the OBC?

Thanks

My PVP took care of it on the cruise I just got back from.

Someone must have been new who emailed me and denied me credit, saying I had 700 shares, and 100 minimum are required.. my PVP got on it and got it fixed.

I would call and get a supervisor if Its still not posted and you leave next sunday .. and you dont have a PVP you can get to fix it.

I know you sent the info in - and have called since.

Have they confirmed they got all of the info and it is complete? If not I would send it again - better to resolve this before sailing.

For our last cruise - I sent in the info and recieved confirmation within a week. It was about 2 or 3 weeks prior to departure.

Good luck!

You should get an e-mail confirmation. Shareholder OBC credit does not show up in the online docs like if you add OBC with cash or through Fun Ship Dollars.

It will be posted to your sail and sign account and should be there when you board.

Even without the OBC, you have to admit the stock is nice to own....

The OBC is a very nice bonus, don't get me wrong.

I faxed it, and it showed up a few weeks later on ticket I print from the website.

Yes, I bought my CCL stock in Sep. 2001 right after the crash for under $18 a share - 15 cruises later and the dividends over time have paid me well! :D

Even without the OBC, you have to admit the stock is nice to own....

The OBC is a very nice bonus, don't get me wrong.

I faxed it, and it showed up a few weeks later on ticket I print from the website.

OK now I'm interested, how does this work and what do I have to do to get in! LOL

is there anywhere i can get info on the stock program?

We are thinking of buying some Carnival stock. I have some shares of another stock that has to be moved soon and was thinking of investing into Carnival. Now I hear that we can get a shareholder OBC. How many shares do you have to own to get the credit? TIA.

I thought i saw on here where it was cheaper than that a while back?

Last year perhaps ?

In the last twelve months it has had a range of $29.68 to $47.22

I bought in at $26.88 on Jul 16, 2009.

I was in the midst of changing my investment style. I used to buy only tech growth stocks. I now look for, and only invest in dividend stocks. BUT I will admit that I also was influenced by the Shareholder OBC.

What has really impressed me about this company is the fact the despite a recession, and high fuel prices they still fill the ships and make $$$.

You would have thought that in an economy with 10% unemployment cruising would be the last thing people want to do. However being on this board really helped me see that economical vacations were still going to be popular. Also that Carnival was misclassified and lumped in with Hotels and resorts.

Forgive me but I don't think there is a website filled with fans of Marriott... talking about the different hotels and posting reviews.

----------------------------

Never take investment advice from people you don't know on the internet. Except of course for the advice not to take advice...well you know what I mean.

We are thinking of buying some Carnival stock. I have some shares of another stock that has to be moved soon and was thinking of investing into Carnival. Now I hear that we can get a shareholder OBC. How many shares do you have to own to get the credit? TIA.

You need to own 100 shares. When you have booked your cruise, you send in a printout of your account...plus the request form filled out...

Thats is about it.

Here is a link to the details of the credit and how much you get by line and by length of voyage. Keep in mind that this benefit can be cancelled at any time. It is a nice perk, and likely has worked out very nicely for frequent cruisers if they bought their shares at a good price. However, the risk of cancellation needs to be considered.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NDIyNzh8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

Here is a link to the details of the credit and how much you get by line and by length of voyage. Keep in mind that this benefit can be cancelled at any time. It is a nice perk, and likely has worked out very nicely for frequent cruisers if they bought their shares at a good price. However, the risk of cancellation needs to be considered.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NDIyNzh8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

The other risk .. the one I consider more likely .. is Carnival will join RCL who started not allowing this OBC to be combined with other OBC from the cruiseline, making it worthless to hold for OBC on cruises.

I have had doubts about the OBC credit being properly applied on several cruises -so took documentation with me "just in case". It has always been there, never had to ask for it on board. One trip I searched, called & e-mailed up until leaving home, and worried the entire trip to port. I think the OP is safe and will get his OBC. But, take your documentation just in case.

Quick details for those who asked. You must own 100 shares. $50 credit per cabin occupied by a shareholder on short trips, $100 on 7 day trips and more on 10+ day (I think). Don't play games with it, joint ownership still means only one credit even if you and your spouse stay in seperate cabins. If you own 100 and spouse owns 100, only one credit per occupied cabin. The shareholder credit has always been in addition to any other credits or deals. The fine print in the document says it is active until such and such a date, but has always been extended for another year, so far.

I have found CCL to be a reasonable holding, not my best money maker but better than some. Now that they have reinstated the dividend, I will consider adding more to lower my average cost. But not at todays prices, waiting for another dip.

Do your own research, own your decisions. I'll tell you what I think, but it's not my fault even if you follow my advice.

The shareholder credit has always been in addition to any other credits or deals. .

I was denied OBC early booking bonus, a few years back, and my PVP at that time (not the one I have now) said she checked with supervisors, and it could not be combined with shareholders credit. I never got it.

Iv learned to be carefull with words such as its ALWAYS this way .. or it has always been this way etc.. I can tell you it hasnt always been combinable.

I think it was 2007 when I was told stockholder's OBC was not combinable with any other promotional OBC. (before the days of ES). .. so the current policy is not the same as in the past and could change again.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, They want

Name

reservation number

ship

sailing date

proof of ownership

and initial deposit to the TA or cruise-line you selected

What is that last line they want?

You should get an e-mail confirmation. Shareholder OBC credit does not show up in the online docs like if you add OBC with cash or through Fun Ship Dollars.

It will be posted to your sail and sign account and should be there when you board.

If you log in to your profile on Carnival, select the relevant cruise, Veiw Cruise Documents, then select "Print General Information," the shareholder OBC will show up on the second page, left side, below "Cruise Itemized Charges."

Archived