How many days should we plan to see Quebec City?

Foxhill

I am posing the same question for Quebec City as for Montreal. We plan to be there sometime between the middle of September and the middle of October, 2011. I planned on three full days (4 nights) in order to really see the city. Do you think that is sufficient time or should we plan another day.

maryann ns: Can you please elaborate on your phrase "you would want more time to explore further". What would we be exploring further??

Is three days just going to let us scratch the surface? I know our interests will determine a lot, but wanted to know whether three full days would give us adequate time to see all the "must see" sights.

Thanks.

maryann ns: Can you please elaborate on your phrase "you would want more time to explore further". What would we be exploring further??

Is three days just going to let us scratch the surface? I know our interests will determine a lot, but wanted to know whether three full days would give us adequate time to see all the "must see" sights.

Thanks.

the best of Quebec city would include a side tripto Ile d'Orleans or perhaps Baie St.Paul. The north shore of the river is remarkable

Quebec has lots of history and historic buildings. It also has lots of great restaurants and shops and galleries. You can see a lot in three days, but you cannot see it all. I have been many times and have not seen it all. We love to just walk around (and eat!).

One good day trip would be to go to L'Ile D'Orleans. Another great place for a day trip is the Charlevoix area and the town of Baie Saint Paul. It is full of artists and galleries.

Earl: Would the sights you mention take an entire day to see? Are these day trips or would they require overnight outside of the city.

Thanks for everyone's comments. :)

1 day with a rental car. the bridge to Ile d'orleans is about 15 miles. Baie St Paul is about 40 miles. You could stay there for dinner and get back to the city.

Hello,

I live in Quebec City and I think that 3-4 days will be enough to get a great feel and look of the town. This include 1 day on Ile d'Orleans.

Quebec is truly beautiful. The best way to see it is to walk and take your time enjoying art gallery, little shop and wonderful restaurants. Because of the weather (a little bit more warm), I would choose 3rd or 4th week of September instead of October.

hth,

zazou: Thanks for the recommendation regarding what time to be in Quebec City. That was also one of my concerns. I did not want to run into an early chill or even snow if we decided to be there in October. I wanted to time it to be able to see some leaf color, but not too late. A real balancing act! I really appreciate all the recommendations I have gotten. Looks like we may extend our trip to four full days.

Archived