CAS Changes

thelion

Hi JC, Was good to see you here. I do wish you and your beautiful bride Crystal a super trip down under.

No Kite flying this time. What's happen to your spirit of adventure..:D

We also took a Sidney to Auckland 21 night for Y2K So when the time came the ship was positioned on the dateline and we experienced two millennium celebrations :eek:

I do love New Zealand and hope to make another trip one day..

Let me know how your trip goes,,

What ever the coming changes will be,, They will not stop me from cruising RCCL.:p

Hello to Karen and Pete who we have not seen in quite some time. Hope all is well with you. I just hope that the announcement will not coincide with the beginning of the new system. As I previously stated, I just need an extra month or so to hit the D+ and be grandfathered in and then it can start.

Happy New Year to everyone. We just had a blizzard blanket us with a ton of snow and no heat or electricity for about 16 hours. But, it is back on now...duh...or I wouldn't be writing this response.

Darlene

Thanks boewok - I hope so and I know what you mean. As long as I keep CL access, which I have not used yet since becoming D+ in Oct. I also had CL access as a Dimaond for 1 cruise before the pervious changes.

We hope to keep CL access too! We just received Diamond Plus and really wanted to use the CL lounge on Allure.

Hi Darlene--Happy New Year--Hope all is well with you and Larry!

Barb

So, after 20 pages of posts, what do we know?

1-- There will be an announcement on Jan. 12 regarding changes to the Crown & Anchor program.

2-- Not everyone will be happy with the changes.

:p:D

We only know

1--There Might be an announcement on Jan. 12 regarding changes to the Crown & Anchor program.

2-- Not everyone will be happy with the changes.(If there are any)

I don't know if this has been asked or answered, but what are they going to do about erning the crystal blocks? Now you get one every 10 credits starting at 20. What is the rumor on this?

I asked - was basically told it was too many questions. :) Apparently there is not rumor on that one. Too bad for the people with 29 cruise credits - maybe.

Gina

A friend of mine sailed today, she sent me a picture that she took of a sign in the terminal. It says : Priority Check in. Then it lists 5 levels from top to bottom it reads, Pinnacle CLub, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and last is Platinum. So I guess the new tier level rumor is true. I was surprised that the sign is already on display since no announcement has been made. Or at least I have not heard of an official announcement. I would post the pic, but I don't know how.

Anniee

I don't know if this has been asked or answered, but what are they going to do about erning the crystal blocks? Now you get one every 10 credits starting at 20. What is the rumor on this?

Just off of Navigator B2b. I got the crystal block on the first leg as it was my 20th cruise credit. I cruised solo and the wife joined me on the 2nd leg and it was HER 20th cruise on the second leg - NO crystal block for her???? seems to me she earned one, too!

Anyway - Just now got off the phone to C&A to apply new Diamond Plus Balcony Discount to an already booked cruise. No problem getting the extra discount, but while on the line with "Mike" at C&A - I asked specifically about the proposed changes to the C&A program. He said - "Definitely we would be grand-fathered as D+". Take it for what you will, but he seemed very confident of our "grand-fathering' to current D+.

A friend of mine sailed today, she sent me a picture that she took of a sign in the terminal. It says : Priority Check in. Then it lists 5 levels from top to bottom it reads, Pinnacle CLub, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and last is Platinum. So I guess the new tier level rumor is true. I was surprised that the sign is already on display since no announcement has been made. Or at least I have not heard of an official announcement. I would post the pic, but I don't know how.

Anniee

I hope you can figure it out (ask an eight-year-old to help - LOL). Because - I would really be interested to see that sign.

Anniee

You are supposed to believe none of what you hear and half of what you read. So, the sign was printed, so what half do we believe?

I hope you can figure it out (ask an eight-year-old to help - LOL). Because - I would really be interested to see that sign.

I don't know any eight yr olds. I will try. If not I will send it to someone one who may be able to post it here for me.

Annieeee

Well, grandfathered or not, we have 183 days at sea so would still be D+. I am hopeful that the fact that the OP has not heard anything about loss of the CL, when she has heard about the new tiers, etc., is encouraging. CL denial would not make me want to stop cruising, but being booted when we were fairly fresh D members is still a sore spot. Especially with my DH, who loves cruising, but not as much as I do! So being booted again after our first cruise being let back in might be the last straw. We attended the "Diamond Events" in the interim but the "La Terrible" was awful (and I am NOT a wine snob, I used to drink Boone's Farm, hee hee). DH mentioned that he guessed we'd have to stick to ships with a Diamond Lounge, but that could be difficult since Oasis turned out not to be "our" ship, and Liberty and Indy are across the pond so much of the year!

Of course, we all have to wait and see...stay tuned.

We only know

1--There Might be an announcement on Jan. 12 regarding changes to the Crown & Anchor program.

2-- Not everyone will be happy with the changes.(If there are any)

I was going to mention your proper adjustments, but fortunately you beat me to it.

Larry, my sense of adventure is still alive, we are going to white water raft the highest commercially rafted waterfall on the trip. Plus, I will be driving a car on the wrong side of the road, and scuba diving on the GBR.:D Heck, I may throw in my little no sticks kite in the suitcase. Only downside, is I don't have this big guy from California to blame if I get busted this time.:eek:

jc

Anniee

Why not post the picture here? What is the point of mentioning a picture without posting it?:confused:

jc

jc, because she doesn't know how........she's going to find someone who can help her or do it for her.

Ok, she can send it to me in an email, and I will post it here, my email address is in my signature. I promise to never send her spam or any, and will delete her email from my computer.

jc

Just off of Navigator B2b. I got the crystal block on the first leg as it was my 20th cruise credit. I cruised solo and the wife joined me on the 2nd leg and it was HER 20th cruise on the second leg - NO crystal block for her???? seems to me she earned one, too!

Anyway - Just now got off the phone to C&A to apply new Diamond Plus Balcony Discount to an already booked cruise. No problem getting the extra discount, but while on the line with "Mike" at C&A - I asked specifically about the proposed changes to the C&A program. He said - "Definitely we would be grand-fathered as D+". Take it for what you will, but he seemed very confident of our "grand-fathering' to current D+.

Only 1 per household.

Archived