Info on Jewel Panama/Central America Cruise

AlanAllyn

Hi - just getting organized for our trip end of Feb! This tour - is it thru the ship? or independent?

we usually d all independent tours, but - being this is our firs time, and want to go thru the locks, probably not a good idea to chance a "independent" and "hope" to get back to the ship on time..... hoping you can answer above ?'s.

thanks so much! :D

Hi - just getting organized for our trip end of Feb! This tour - is it thru the ship? or independent?

we usually d all independent tours, but - being this is our firs time, and want to go thru the locks, probably not a good idea to chance a "independent" and "hope" to get back to the ship on time..... hoping you can answer above ?'s.

thanks so much! :D

CO26 is indeed a ship's tour, and is 6 hours long. They bus you to the other side, and then you board a ferry boat that does a partial passage, including lunch.

Bus back to the ship.

150 bucks a person, but well worth it for us knowing if something should happen on a tour that lasts that long, the ship will have to wait on us.

We are very excited about this tour, as our first time to Panama and the locks. Did not want to miss going through them...not just "looking at them from shore".

Hope this helps, and happy crusing! :)

Some good info here. I do have one question as I am planning to do this cruise next year...are there any visa or paperwork needed for any of the countries? I know as a UK citizen I have my entry for the USA, but I dont know about the other destinations

CO26 is indeed a ship's tour, and is 6 hours long. They bus you to the other side, and then you board a ferry boat that does a partial passage, including lunch.

Bus back to the ship.

150 bucks a person, but well worth it for us knowing if something should happen on a tour that lasts that long, the ship will have to wait on us.

We are very excited about this tour, as our first time to Panama and the locks. Did not want to miss going through them...not just "looking at them from shore".

Hope this helps, and happy crusing! :)

thanks so much - we're going to do it! :D

Alan,

We're scheduled for the same cruise on Feb 14, and were wondering if they had the Mystery Dinner Theater available on yours? We've tried booking in online and it says to try again as the cruise gets closer. Our travel agent has called RCI and gotten conflicting answers (first was told online booking would be available 45 days out, then told it wasn't offered on our sailing).

Any help would be appreciated.

Jean

Hi Jean - a new cast of singers/dancers (who are the actors) will have joined by that point, so they won't be doing the dinner theater until early March . . . . They spend their first couple of cruises installing the production shows, then the dance classes, then the theme night events . . and then the dinner theater event.

Archived