Parking at Cape Liberty (Bayonne)

riviera

Leaving on Jan 2nd on EOS out of Bayonne. Parking is going to cost $266 for 2 weeks!

I understand parking is a cost of cruising but seriously $266 and I don't think there are any other viable options. Just wanted to vent! LOL

Edited by riviera

It sounds like you are driving from Ohio. Where are you staying the night before? www.trinityreservations.com shows Wyndham Gardens at $122 incl tax and Springhill Suites at $117 incl tax for hotel + 14 nights parking. You can arrange shuttle transportation to the port - $25 for one , $30 for two pl., $40 for 4. (888-816-0973 x..0) . This is a good deal - I am doing this deal (only at the Fairfield Inn which is not showing for your date) for the Feb 6 cruise. Basically, for about $180 you can get a hotel room and parking and cruiseport transportation.

If you were cruising out of Manhattan, the parking would be $30/day - a whopping $420 for a 14 day cruise.

Edited by 138east
spelling

Thanks for the info, but we already have made arrangements to travel half-way and then stay. Park n Fly was only showing a hotel for $219 plus transportation to the pier. I just learned about the $30 per day at Manhattan. WOW Guess I will keep quiet! LOL

Too bad you can't rearrange to drive further on New Year's Day. It can be a really boring day, so traveling is a good way to spend time. The good news is that the long term forecast shows warming weather next week after the blizzard today. Any precipitation would likely be rain. Have a great cruise and take care of the Explorer for those of us cruising in Feb.

Edited by 138east
spelling

If you were cruising out of Manhattan, the parking would be $30/day - a whopping $420 for a 14 day cruise.

There's a flat charge of $300 for cruises from 10 to 30 days long.

http://www.nycruise.com/parkNYC.html

TERMINAL INFORMATION

> MANHATTAN TERMINAL Embarking/Disembarking

Parking

Operations

History & Facts

Contact Us

> BROOKLYN TERMINAL CRUISING AREA ATTRACTIONS

PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT

DIRECTIONS

Parking

MANHATTAN CRUISE TERMINAL

Parking is conveniently located above each of the piers. Drive up the Viaduct Ramp at 55th Street to the receiving area adjacent to their cruise vessel's berth.

Parking Rates ShareThis

•Cruise parking

$30.00 per night

•Cruises from 10 to 30 nights

$300.00

Please Note:

Payment is due upon arrival into the parking lot.

Taxes are included in the rates.

Crusie parking opens at 9:00 a.m.

Check out 1:00 p.m.

Payment accepted by cash and the following major credit cards:

We do not accept reservations. Space is subject to availability and is provided to cruise parkers on a first come, first serve basis.

For Ports America (Terminal Operator) Parking Information, call (212) 641-4454 (212) 641-4454.

It sounds like you are driving from Ohio. Where are you staying the night before? www.trinityreservations.com shows Wyndham Gardens at $122 incl tax and Springhill Suites at $117 incl tax for hotel + 14 nights parking. You can arrange shuttle transportation to the port - $25 for one , $30 for two pl., $40 for 4. (888-816-0973 x..0) . This is a good deal - I am doing this deal (only at the Fairfield Inn which is not showing for your date) for the Feb 6 cruise. Basically, for about $180 you can get a hotel room and parking and cruiseport transportation

Hi

Do you know if the shuttle is round trip price or one way?

It's a one way price. If you are interested, check on your roll call to see what others are doing. There are always folks on each cruise that need a hotel room and transportation to the pier. I'm traveling solo and started out with the idea I would stay at relatives outside NYC and take public transportation to the pier. Then I thought about how cold it can be in Feb and how much of a problem it would be in bad weather. I looked at the Hampton Inn/Hilton Gardens on Staten Island and was going to do that, but it's further away and you have no control over what time the shuttle takes you to the port. Then I checked trinity and saw that they had added a phone number for inexpensive transportation to the port. Others on my roll call were interested and now we have a group of 7 staying at the Fairfield Inn. The shuttle holds 9 people and they quoted me $56 for 7 people which is about $10/pp with a $2 tip. That's an excellent price. They are picking us up at 10 am, so we will be among the first ones to board the ship. I'm sailing Feb 6 and will report back as to how it goes.

has anyone every done a transport from there house to the cruise port? im thinking about having a limo or suv bring 4 of us down from ct. As far as the expensive parking and everything seems almost around the same price, was wondering how easy it is to get close and drop and if anyone has done it with ease?

I've cruised out of Bayonne 5 times - my mother had mobility and breathing issues, so we always parked at the pier and had luggage, a walker,scooter, or transport chair, and lots of oxygen equipment. Even with all our stuff and special assistance, I found it very easy.

For us the secret was to arrive between 10 and 10:30 - the drop off line was either very short or non-existent. You can only drop off by the entrance, so getting close is not an issue. The parking is also very close - no worse than a large shopping mall.

I've cruised out of Bayonne 5 times - my mother had mobility and breathing issues, so we always parked at the pier and had luggage, a walker,scooter, or transport chair, and lots of oxygen equipment. Even with all our stuff and special assistance, I found it very easy.

For us the secret was to arrive between 10 and 10:30 - the drop off line was either very short or non-existent. You can only drop off by the entrance, so getting close is not an issue. The parking is also very close - no worse than a large shopping mall.

Im leaving on may 26th, on RC's website it says departure is at 5pm... would you still show up at 10:30 for a departure that late?

Absolutely - you are paying for the entire day. It's a new ship for you, so you have a lot of "exploring" to do. The first thing I do is to go have a nice lunch in the Windjammer before it gets totally crazy. Rooms are not ready until 1:30 so you want to keep your carryons light. I check out the dining room to see where my table is. If you're interested in the spa, check that out to see what deals are being offered. Go into the fitness center to find the indoor hot tub and locker rooms with the sauna, steam room, and large showers. Arrange excursions, buy wine or soda packages or make specialty dining reservations. In May you may be able to sit out on the deck - NY harbor is always busy - bring binoculars to look at the sights. Grab a "Compass" to see what is going on - there are raffle tickets being given out on the Royal Promenade and the drawing is usually at 3 pm.

Join the roll call for your cruise - usually folks do an informal get together for sailaway so that is a good way to meet people immediately.

• 4 weeks later...

I live about an hour and a half from the port, so I don't really need a hotel. Are there any park/shuttle deals available that do not involve a hotel room? Another option for me is that I can rent a car from Hertz at my office and return it without any drop-off fees, and I assume there must be a Hertz in Jersey City that I can drop off and rent a car from on our return (which would presumably be cheaper than doing so at Newark Airport). How much will a cab cost me to and from the pier (although, it might cost me less to just rent the hotel room and park there based on the pricing here, even though I have no real need for it). The advantage would be that I would not need to worry about snow on my car when I return (we are not sailing until December).

Edited by MisterBill99

Don't know of any park/shuttle deals that don't involve a hotel room. Most of the parking in the area is at least $10/day - so you don't want to "abandon" your car for 12 days just anywhere in the Newark/Jersey City/Bayonne area. Cab rates between these towns seem to run about $50 each way. Car rental locations outside the airport tend to have limited hours on weekends.

Where are you coming from in NJ? Do you have access to NJ Transit to take the train to Newark and a cab to the port?

A park/sleep through trinityreservations is $133 - about $11/day to park. You can arrange transportation from these hotels to the port for $10-$15/pp. Even if you don't actually use the hotel room, you have an automatic "Plan B" in case of snow.

Hi.. I live in Westchester County, so mass transit is not a reasonable option. A Hertz rental will cost me ~$50 each way with my corporate pricing (no drop fee), so if I could get to and from the pier from a Hertz office, that would probably be cheaper than the parking or hotel options and then I get to leave my car at home (or in my work parking lot). Our current itinerary has us sailing on Monday and returning on Saturday.

It costs $226 to park at the pier. You're going to pay at least $100 to rent a car, then another $100 for cabs to and from the port. Instead of getting right off the ship, into your car, and on the road, you're going to be fussing around trying to rent a car.

It costs $226 to park at the pier. You're going to pay at least $100 to rent a car, then another $100 for cabs to and from the port. Instead of getting right off the ship, into your car, and on the road, you're going to be fussing around trying to rent a car.

True, but I wouldn't have to worry about returning to a car covered with snow.

On a slightly different topic, do they have plans for a garage or otherwise increasing parking now that Silhouette is going to be sailing out of there year-round (I think) along with Explorer? If Liberty ever comes up to NJ (as I had heard rumored a while ago) they'll definitely need extra spots. There must be a big empty space nearby that someone could set up an off-site lot in and provide a free shuttle to undercut the pier prices. Of course, the folks who run the pier would not be happy about that (but could they do anything about it?).

There's a Hertz at Harborside Financial in Jersey City. The light rail is across the street. For $2.10/pp you could take the light rail to Bayonne and then a local $10 taxi to the port. We can provide more details if you are interested. This would be a luggage friendly trip - flat access onto the light rail. If the weather doesn't suit, you can always take a cab to and from the port.

There's plenty of space to park at Cape Liberty - the parking used to be in the area west of the terminal. They have a captive audience and a secure area. The economics just aren't there for an off-site lot. However, I read on one of the roll calls that some Bayonne folks are advertising local parking for a cruise on Craig's list.

No recent paint spray issues. Should not be a problem in the month of December.

IMO your chances of a big snow are less in December as well. We arrived back in a snowstorm last Feb - the basic parking lot was well plowed already. I was really stressed out since I was traveling with my Mom in a wheelchair. I put her in the small inside security checkin area and told the security people that she absolutely could not sit outside in a wheelchair while I got the car. Silly me - I live in NE and left home without my boots and a shovel - what was I thinking? Brushed off the car and a guy in the parking lot with a shovel dug out enough for me to back out. I offered money, but he refused. Getting out was actually very quick and could have been much worse.

Next time I park in the winter I will back my car into the space, leave my boots ready to go inside the car, and bring a shovel in addition to the usual scraper and deicer. RCL has a vested interest in getting you out of the parking lot before the next cruisers arrive and they seemed to be on top of the situation.

Next time I park in the winter I will back my car into the space, leave my boots ready to go inside the car, and bring a shovel in addition to the usual scraper and deicer. RCL has a vested interest in getting you out of the parking lot before the next cruisers arrive and they seemed to be on top of the situation.

Yes, backing in is a good idea. And you are correct, they want you out of the lot as quickly as possible so the people arriving for the next cruise can park there. I wonder if they try to clean the spots before the new people arrive? When both RCI and Celebrity have ships sailing, do they use different lots for each ship?

• 4 years later...
Huh? The last post prior to yours in this thread was in early 2011.

Carol's (138east) post that you are questioning was made in 2011 on the same day your post immediately proceeding it was made.

You're the one who's reopened a thread that's been in active for almost 6 years, not Carol.

Edited by njhorseman

Carol's (138east) post that you are questioning was made in 2011 on the same day your post immediately proceeding it was made.

You're the one who's reopened a thread that's been in active for almost 6 years, not Carol.

Oops! It showed up at the top of my subscription list! But I just realized that I was looking at very old posts to find something from an old cruise.

D'oh! :eek: