Am I Allowed to Ask About Travel Ins.?

Wannaknow

We have had annual medical insurance coverage for years. The policies are very inexpensive and have been very easy to collect on, so far only for small amounts. Of course they won't cover cancellation but it's great to have that blanket medical coverage.:)

Who is your annual medical insurance provider?

TIA

I think I have found an annual trip insurance that just about fits the bill. It is a TravelGuard Business Traveler policy and costs $916 for 2 people. It includes $5,000 trip cancellation, $50,000 medical, $500,000 medical evacuation/repatriation and various amounts for trip delay, etc. It has a 90 day look-back which begins on the day you purchase the insurance. The amounts above are for the year so if you have multiple claims, each claim will be deducted from the yearly payable amount. I found it at tripinsurancestore.com.

As we age (ahem...), DH and I think more and more about medical evacuation and repatriation (especially after we've read others stories about their use of such coverage). Our medical insurance and medicare supplemental insurance should cover us for actual medical costs (we asked and they said they do) so buying trip insurance boils down to covering evacuation/repatriation. And, since DH's mom is in her 90's, we need to have trip interruption/cancellation if we have to head home unexpectedly. Most annual trip insurances do not cover trip interruption/cancellation.

It doesn't matter if you cruise or do land travel, you should always have trip insurance. I am just learning this now from reading of medical/personal emergency experiences others have faced.

Archived