Montrealers who LOVE Carnival

soccersharon

Just curious why most of the threads you have you want to talk to other Canadians .. asking other Canadians to join you on facebook etc. Why would you just want to cruise with Canadians?

Hi Fire:-

I guess my short answer is "why not?" Today's post was simply to remind my fellow Montrealers about our thread. We were moved to Floataway Lounge, and lost touch for a little while. Would be fun if we could get a few of us on a ship together. I've met some really interesting people while cruising from all over including Americans and Brits. Unfortunately, we all live so far apart that keeping in touch is difficult. But, on the Montrealers thread, there is a better chance of staying in touch in person, and meeting prior, should we cruise together in the future. The group can also offer travel advice, and quite a few of us are from the same part of the island - so there is a communal connection as well.

I've seen many groups here on CC, and again, thought it would be interesting to get a fun-loving group of Canadians together for a week in the sun - and away from the cold.

Hope this helps and I wish you a happy and prosperous new year!

I too wish you a happy New Year's. I just didnt understand your push to only talk to Canadians. I talked on email to a cruise friend way up in NJ who I finally meet after talking for 2 years. I could have said, well I dont want to get to know her, she lives too far, Ill never meet her in person... but Im the type, I want to be friends with all cruisers. I think they all have something to give information wise, so I would never try to restrict who Im friends with. I guess a different outlook .. which I respect. I was just curious.

I have my email in my profile and I answer people and want to be friends with people wherever they live. They are all free to email and talk cruising with me.

I too wish you a happy New Year's. I just didnt understand your push to only talk to Canadians. I talked on email to a cruise friend way up in NJ who I finally meet after talking for 2 years. I could have said, well I dont want to get to know her, she lives too far, Ill never meet her in person... but Im the type, I want to be friends with all cruisers. I think they all have something to give information wise, so I would never try to restrict who Im friends with. I guess a different outlook .. which I respect. I was just curious.

I have my email in my profile and I answer people and want to be friends with people wherever they live. They are all free to email and talk cruising with me.

I suppose I can see where someone might think I only wanted to befriend Canadians. Gladly, this is not the case. Part of the reason I cruise is to meet people from all over this great world. Most people know we are Canadian by our "eh" and our pronounciation of some words. I spoke to a New Yorker on our last cruise, and just we have our "eh" New Yorkers have their "yo". I replied that I thought the "yo" was a lot cooler than "eh". We both had a good chuckle.

Actually sharon not even sure why 'we'are in the Floataway Lounge? There is a section called 'Friends of cruise ciritic' which has specific forums for california, maryland, arizona and others......sounds like it is possible to have a specific thread for a specific area?

And of course firefly I believe EVERYONE is welcome to cruise with us fun and very polite Canadians! :D:D

Actually sharon not even sure why 'we'are in the Floataway Lounge? There is a section called 'Friends of cruise ciritic' which has specific forums for california, maryland, arizona and others......sounds like it is possible to have a specific thread for a specific area?

And of course firefly I believe EVERYONE is welcome to cruise with us fun and very polite Canadians! :D:D

Hi Froufie :-)

Thank you for mentioning that everyone is welcome to cruise with "us". The more the merrier has never been so true!

You must be getting pretty excited about your next cruise! Wish we could come with you. Hope to reconnect with some of the nice folks on the Montrealer thread - what good bunch!

Cheers!

There is a Dallas thread .. but we too are in the floataway lounge.

... and I too talk to everyone, even on my cruises. Sharon you too are welcome to email me and talk cruising .. though Im not close to Canada.

I imagine the hosts move the Canadian threads, because if they allowed a thread for everywhere people live, up here in the Carnival section, in addition to the official cruises, you couldnt find any regular threads? Though I really dont know who moved you or why.

You could probably email host mach and he would tell you why it was moved there?

There is a Dallas thread .. but we too are in the floataway lounge.

... and I too talk to everyone, even on my cruises. Sharon you too are welcome to email me and talk cruising .. though Im not close to Canada.

I imagine the hosts move the Canadian threads, because if they allowed a thread for everywhere people live, up here in the Carnival section, in addition to the official cruises, you couldnt find any regular threads? Though I really dont know who moved you or why.

You could probably email host mach and he would tell you why it was moved there?

Thank you, Fire. I appreciate the offer - and may well take you up on it. I suppose I'm still a cruising newbie (only 2 cruises) with much to learn and discover, but I am totally hooked!

I think the thread was moved because our conversations ended up getting way off-topic (hockey, weather, football, etc.)

Hockey ,Weather and Football oh my.......Yes firefly, we are a bunch of crazy canucks who love to cruise...One of my friends is from NY and I also run a support group for people with iron overload and have several members in the US. My DBIL is from NC...I love the way the New yorker pronounce cawfee...and the people from NC pronouce pecawns...but a cruise is always a great way to meet new friends and experience new cultures. Even for us, Quebec and Montrealer's sometimes seems like a foreign country since we speak difference languages but we all seem to have one important thing in common...The love of cruising and I think that is what Sharon is trying to do( correct me if I'm wrong GF) get people involved and excited about a cruise..cheers Eh!

Hockey ,Weather and Football oh my.......Yes firefly, we are a bunch of crazy canucks who love to cruise...One of my friends is from NY and I also run a support group for people with iron overload and have several members in the US. My DBIL is from NC...I love the way the New yorker pronounce cawfee...and the people from NC pronouce pecawns...but a cruise is always a great way to meet new friends and experience new cultures. Even for us, Quebec and Montrealer's sometimes seems like a foreign country since we speak difference languages but we all seem to have one important thing in common...The love of cruising and I think that is what Sharon is trying to do( correct me if I'm wrong GF) get people involved and excited about a cruise..cheers Eh!

Hi Karen!

Yep! I'm all about gettin' together and cruisin'! Now, if we can get organized enough - we'll be cruizin' together, eh!

It's true what you mentioned about Montealers and Quebecers, since many of us are francophone, some are anglophone, and some are allophone - it is like living in another country :) But, I'm lucky enough to be able to communicate in both english and french because of it. And don't get me started on the yummy food...!

Cheers!

I suppose I can see where someone might think I only wanted to befriend Canadians. Gladly, this is not the case. Part of the reason I cruise is to meet people from all over this great world. Most people know we are Canadian by our "eh" and our pronounciation of some words. I spoke to a New Yorker on our last cruise, and just we have our "eh" New Yorkers have their "yo". I replied that I thought the "yo" was a lot cooler than "eh". We both had a good chuckle.

The comedian on the HAL Veendam joked that in US we should say "Bee" because in Canada they say "Eh" and in Mexico they say "Si"

[A-B-C for people who don't recognize their own accents, lol]

Archived