We'll do a little something special for you

greenbaboon

Mentioned to Carnival Cruise Rep that this cruise will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. My grandmother is also cruising with us (separate rooms) and will be celebrating her 88th birthday.

The cruise rep guy mentioned he would notate in our file and that we should expect something special.

Any ideas what they do for anniversaries, birthdays, etc?

Mentioned to Carnival Cruise Rep that this cruise will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. My grandmother is also cruising with us (separate rooms) and will be celebrating her 88th birthday.

The cruise rep guy mentioned he would notate in our file and that we should expect something special.

they did the same for my for my birthday back in June. Sorry to let your excitement all down but nothing happens.

We sailed on the Destiny for our 10th anniversary in 2008... the room steward and dining room staff were both aware. On the day of our anniversary our towel animal was more ornate... it was actually two intertwined smooching swans. And the wait staff sang some sort of anniversary song to us.

We also sailed for my birthday on the Imagination in 2009. I think the wait staff sang happy birthday.

We are actually sailing on the Inspiration for my birthday next week.

Each time it was mentioned in my reservation that we were celebrating a special occasion, but my recollection is that the room steward knew about it because we didn't mention it, but the wait staff asked on the first night if anyone was celebrating anything during the cruise.

So, I think it just depends on how attentive your staff is. I wouldn't expect any sort of gift though.

On our Triumph cruise right after this past Thanksgiving, there was a bottle of champaigne in our cabin with a note from Carnival, was for my husband's birthday that would occur on the cruise. My son and daughter-in-law were celebrating a delayed honeymoon, there was also a bottle of champaigne and note for them.

I had ordered an anniversary cake on my own and when the waiter brought it out, they sang a song to us, which was cute, but I was blushing so much. Then they held it in the back for us for the rest of the cruise, which I thought was nice! I'd get a cake or something on your own but wouldn't expect the room steward or anyone to decorate your room or anything like that. Otherwise, they'd be eating a lot of money if they did this for everyone.

Picture five or six waiters standing at your table. "Hoppy Birdzday Two Shoes, Hoppy Birdzday Two Shoes, Hoppy Birdzday, Hoppy Birdzday, Hop... Pea Birdz.....day............Two Shoes!".

For Anniversary, replace "Birdzday" with "Honaversery". For Retirement, replace with "Tarment".

Picture five or six waiters standing at your table. "Hoppy Birdzday Two Shoes, Hoppy Birdzday Two Shoes, Hoppy Birdzday, Hoppy Birdzday, Hop... Pea Birdz.....day............Two Shoes!".

For Anniversary, replace "Birdzday" with "Honaversery". For Retirement, replace with "Tarment".

That is exactly what we heard too! :p We never tell them it is our anniversary or birthday. Usually, when we hear one of the many HB or HA songs that are sung in the MDR, we just raise our glasses to each other - and quietly do our own toast!

Thanks for make me spit my coffee onto my keyboard! Dang it! LMAO! How true is this!?!?!

Thats EXACTLY how it sounds!!

Very well put!

Exactly what happens.. a little something.

If you want decorations for your cabin or a cake you will have to pay for them, they are not free.

.... and the notations almost NEVER get to your waiter ... so you have to be proactive and TELL your waiter if you want the above to happen. I was with a couple who told their booking agent at the cruiseline and pulled tips when nothing happened.. they pulled all their tips??!!

Our two adult sons cruised with us for the first time on the Conquest and heard them signing it. Now every birthday or Anniversary, they call us and sing it to us in that way. Brings back a lot of memories every time they do it and gives us a big laugh.

We got married on the Glory...Five years later we sailed on the same date...this was mentioned to Carnival at least twice...NOTHING!

You should have told your waiter .. not assumed the news got to the waiter. Telling Carnival is useless more times than not. Even if they know its a special occassion, unless you tell the waiter you want a fuss, they dont know you want them to sing to you.

We've cruised on our anniversary and on our son's birthday and on my birthday a number of times. We have always been sung to by the waiters because I tell the MAITRE 'D or HEAD WAITER when we go to the dining room the first night. I've never given him a tip at that time but we've never been disappointed. They used to bring a separate vanilla iced cake with a candle to the table back in the nineties but now they just put a candle in the birthday person's dessert. We used to bring the cake back to our cabin and eat it later.

It's ultimately the job of the Maitre 'd and head waiter to see that the guests are happy.

Oh my gosh--one of the favorite things on my cruises. I don't care who they are singing to, it cracks me up!:D AND it sounds exactly like that.

Archived