Solstice - Celebrity Suite 1233

Kruz Guys

How are the Celebrity Suites (1233 in particular) on the Solstice? Any pictures available? We're booked in that suite Nov 4, 2011 for a 12 night Med Cruise. This will be our first time on the Solstice and have heard great things about her.

Thanks

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom:D

I have read some nice reviews of that suite on the cabin compilation at the top of the page. DH and I are staying in that exact suite on our upcoming Jan. 2 cruise I can take pictures and get back to you if you want!! :D

How generous of you to offer. That would be wonderful. If you wish you can email them to us at: stephenandtom@att.net if you don't post them on the CC boards.

Have a wonderul cruise and Happy New Year! :) ;) :D

Thanks.

Kruz Guys

Stephenandtom@att.net

• 2 years later...

I know it has been a while since your 2011 Med cruise.

However, I was wondering how you ended up liking the room.

I have cabin 1233 on the Solstice reserved for the August 23rd Alaska cruise.

Did you like the room? Was there anything special with the odd shape?

I know it has been a while since your 2011 Med cruise. However, I was wondering how you ended up liking the room. I have cabin 1233 on the Solstice reserved for the August 23rd Alaska cruise. Did you like the room? Was there anything special with the odd shape?

Yes, love to hear more!! We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, going from Australia to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011.

We will be in cabin 1233 with some others in our group to be occupying other Celebrity Suites, etc. Below are a few Celebrity Suite pictures that I have pulled off of the web for this category of room with these Solstice class ships.

Look forward to learning any special tips for working with the Butlers, maximizing things in this category of room, special secrets to know, etc. Tell us more!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Celebrity Solstice Visual Highlights? From our June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in France, Italy, Kotor and Dubrovnik, I have pull together a number of wonderful visuals of the Solstice, its features, food, entertainment, options, etc. We are now at 4,861 views for this shorter version of my larger full review of that cruise and all of the port pictures/details. Check these postings and added info at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Here is a sampling for some of the visuals for a Celebrity Suite on the Solstice-type ships. The L-shaped sofa allows lots of room to relax and entertain others as you enjoy the view out the double-sized sliding glass, full-length doors. The deck lounge chair and table are larger on the double-sized balcony. The bedroom area connects directly to the bathroom and the walk-in closet area. Not one, but two TV's, including a 54" in the living area and a 40" in the bedroom.

CeleSuiteLivRoomLsofa.jpg

CeleSuiteDeckFurnComfort.jpg

CeleSuiteBedroom.jpg

CeleSuiteLRLargeTV.jpg

CeleSuiteBRTV.jpg

We stayed in 1233 on Solstice 2 years ago, and loved it! So much so that I booked the same cabin, only port instead of starboard, when we cruised Reflection last month! The angled balcony is huge, much larger than a standard CS balcony. Also, I liked the location, right by the midship elevators and the library. It was a very quiet and convenient location. I have a few photos of it. I'll get them off my Facebook page and post in a moment.

Well, I didn't have as many photos of 1233 as I thought, but here is what I have. I have also included some from 1122 on Reflection, my most recent cruise, because the cabin is identical.

1233 Living Room

1233livingroom_zpsa03031a4.jpeg

1233 balcony

1233balcony_zps247c0e7a.jpeg

1233 balcony

1233balconybkfst_zps2086321c.jpeg

1122 Reflection balcony

1233balc_zps68701b10.jpeg

1122 Reflection balcony

1122rightsidebalc_zps150740a1.jpeg

1122 Reflection balcony

1122balc2_zps0158f5da.jpeg

We stayed in 1233 on Solstice 2 years ago, and loved it! So much so that I booked the same cabin, only port instead of starboard, when we cruised Reflection last month! The angled balcony is huge, much larger than a standard CS balcony. Also, I liked the location, right by the midship elevators and the library. It was a very quiet and convenient location. I have a few photos of it. I'll get them off my Facebook page and post in a moment.

Appreciate your posting of these fun, interesting pictures for this Celebrity Suite. Super!! Great sharing!! Any special tips for working with the Butlers, maximizing things in this category of room, special secrets to know, etc. Tell us more!!

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 129,281 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

When we were in 1233, the first thing we asked our butler for was another lounge chair for the balcony. The only one is the comfy cushioned one, then there is the table with 4 straight chairs. He got us a pool lounger within a few minutes. Interestingly, when we stayed in 1122 on Reflection, there was already a pool lounger on the balcony, so that must be something people ask for all the time. I never understood only one comfortable chair on the balcony for a suite that is going to have at least 2 adults in it. Taking turns in the lounger sounds like no fun. :)

I don't generally ask for much from the butler. I usually just make friends with them. They are very helpful and knowledgeable, so I use them for information. We always have breakfast on the balcony, and the butler brings it, sets it up out on the balcony table with a white tablecloth. It is very nice. Our butler, and the butler for our daughter's sky suite offered to set up a party for all of us in the CS, but we didn't take them up on it. It would be nice if you were cruising with a group, though. The extra-large balcony has plenty of room for extra people to hang out. The location is an excellent one to watch sail-aways. I think that would be a nice time to host a cocktail party, before dinner.

The rooms come with nice Bulgari bath products, which I think are an upgrade from a standard cabin. Also, I am a big fan of the lip balm they put in the bathroom, it is better than any you can buy anywhere. I have actually looked online to try and find out where to buy it, without luck. Last cruise I got a couple of extras from the room steward to bring home. Hopefully will last until our next cruise.

We were given Elite status for being in a premium cabin when we were in 1122. I don't recall getting that on Solstice in 1233. We don't drink, so I didn't find many of the elite perks valuable to me at all. I did use the 90 free internet minutes to print our boarding passes for the flight home before we left.

I can't think of any other tips for you, but if I come up with any more, I'll let you know. Sorry, TLCOhio, about the poor quality of my photos. I am not the photographer you are, and if you can figure out a way to get the whole balcony in a picture, please let me know! :)

Have a wonderful time on your cruise in 1233! I absolutely think it is the very best cabin and location on Solstice!

Thank you for the posting of the suite photos. I know we are going to love the room. Especially, since we will have the extra large balcony. We are traveling with a large group and may decide to host a party for some of our friends.

When we were in 1233, the first thing we asked our butler for was another lounge chair for the balcony. The only one is the comfy cushioned one, then there is the table with 4 straight chairs. He got us a pool lounger within a few minutes. Interestingly, when we stayed in 1122 on Reflection, there was already a pool lounger on the balcony, so that must be something people ask for all the time. I never understood only one comfortable chair on the balcony for a suite that is going to have at least 2 adults in it. Taking turns in the lounger sounds like no fun. :) I don't generally ask for much from the butler. I usually just make friends with them. They are very helpful and knowledgeable, so I use them for information. We always have breakfast on the balcony, and the butler brings it, sets it up out on the balcony table with a white tablecloth. It is very nice. Our butler, and the butler for our daughter's sky suite offered to set up a party for all of us in the CS, but we didn't take them up on it. It would be nice if you were cruising with a group, though. The extra-large balcony has plenty of room for extra people to hang out. The location is an excellent one to watch sail-aways. I think that would be a nice time to host a cocktail party, before dinner. The rooms come with nice Bulgari bath products, which I think are an upgrade from a standard cabin. Also, I am a big fan of the lip balm they put in the bathroom, it is better than any you can buy anywhere. I have actually looked online to try and find out where to buy it, without luck. Last cruise I got a couple of extras from the room steward to bring home. Hopefully will last until our next cruise. We were given Elite status for being in a premium cabin when we were in 1122. I don't recall getting that on Solstice in 1233. We don't drink, so I didn't find many of the elite perks valuable to me at all. I did use the 90 free internet minutes to print our boarding passes for the flight home before we left. I can't think of any other tips for you, but if I come up with any more, I'll let you know. Sorry, TLCOhio, about the poor quality of my photos. I am not the photographer you are, and if you can figure out a way to get the whole balcony in a picture, please let me know! :) Have a wonderful time on your cruise in 1233! I absolutely think it is the very best cabin and location on Solstice!

Appreciate so much the various items, tips and ideas from our friend in North Carolina. Very interesting and helpful. For any others with experiences and ideas to share, don't be shy. We'll love to hear and learn more in preparing for our Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland Solstice cruise.

On the idea of involving the butler in doing some type of party or activities, below is an example from our July 2010 Norway coast cruise with Silversea when we had this person to provide that extra, higher level of service. BUTLER SUCCESS STORY: We wanted to have a “pizza party” in our suite to watch the World Cup soccer battle between Spain and Holland. How did it happen and work? Super great!!! And the game was good, too, going into overtime to get a winner. Our Butler was spectacular in arranging all of the details. Our Columbus friends-neighbors, Janet and Denny, were there, along with new friends Sharon and Issy from the Washington, DC, area. Six people worked well for a party in our size of suite. We started at 8 pm with egg rolls, shrimp, crab claws, chips, etc., as a warm-up, plus a tub of chilled Champagne, wine, beer, etc. Then around 9 pm, after the game started a half hour earlier, the five different pizza selections arrived along with hot dogs, cookies, etc. We could have had more food, but we were stuffed and very happy. Not only was the game good, but out our large balcony door and window, we could watch the spectacular mountains along the coast go by as we sailed south along the Norway coast. The food was ordered by the butler off of the room service menu. We were eating in our room, not the Main Dining Room, so it was not a big burden for the staff. See the picture below.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 129,387 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

For the World Cup Championship game, Spain versus Holland on July 11, this was our “PIZZA PARTY” set-up in our room as we sailed along the Norway Coast south of the Lofoten Islands. This set-up worked well for size with six in that space. We ordered in advance off of the regular room service menu, set-up through our wonderful Butler. In place of eating in the main Dining Room, we had our food and drinks in the suite. Eight people would have been too tight for such a party in a regular suite.:

WorldCupPartySilverCloud.jpg

Wow that looks like a great time Terry, but it looks a lot fancier than just a "pizza party" ;)

Interesting reactions and comments on things looking "fancier". My impression from this one cruise experience with a butler, plus in reading comments from others on these various CC boards, is that the butlers really like to "perform" and show how creative/skilled they can be. It's kind of "human nature" that all of us like attention and people who appreciate and value our skills/abilities.

After our Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, going from Australia to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship, I will report more. Clearly, we don't want to be unreasonable and/or too demanding on the butler, but in traveling with six other couples (five of us will have Celebrity Suites) from Central Ohio, we expect to do some mini-parties in our suites. Nothing too fancy, but nice and informal, relaxed and fun. Fitting the style of "down under".

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 129,452 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

• 2 years later...
Thanks for the pictures. We have this stateroom on the Eclipse in April. Can't wait.

Sherry

Hi Sherry: How did you like the cabin 1233 in April. Was waiting for your post:):)