Teppanyaki Rice

missingmaui

I have a quick (and rather silly) question about the fried rice in the Teppanyaki venue. Do they add ground chicken or pork to the rice? None of our local japanese steakhouses do, but the Benihana location in downtown Seattle had ground chicken mixed with the pre cooked rice. It was very strange, mainly because weren't expecting it . I'm not sure what the "norm" is, or which way NCL prepares theirs. Does anyone remember?

Neithet of us are vegetarian, so it's not a huge deal, but I'd like to know what to expect. I'm incredibly OCD when it comes to vacation planning (yes, even the dining aspects!). :o

Thank you! It really shocked me to see meat in the rice at Benihana, because we'd been to countless other Teppanyaki restaurants and never experienced that. It didn't ruin the meal by any stretch, but we probably won't dine at Benihana again because of that. I'm glad NCL sticks to "normal" fried rice. :D

They didn't put any meat in the rice when I was on the Gem a couple weeks back but they did put garlic, which I had never seen done in the Teppanyaki style restaurants I've been to at home. Omg it was so delicious...

Agreed! Delicious! There are eggs in it though so it's not vegan. Teppanyaki was a lot of fun too!

They didn't put any meat in the rice when I was on the Gem a couple weeks back but they did put garlic, which I had never seen done in the Teppanyaki style restaurants I've been to at home. Omg it was so delicious...

Hi Niya,

Enjoyed your fantastic review of the GV. Pls say hello to Rosa. Looks like you two are great traveling companions.;):D

I even ask for extra garlic! When I was at Teppanyaki on Epic in Aug. one of the people in my section requested "no garlic" and a few of us requested "extra." No worries. The chef did hers separately. It wasn't an allergy issue - she just doesn't like garlic.

Happy New Year!:)

Thank you! It really shocked me to see meat in the rice at Benihana, because we'd been to countless other Teppanyaki restaurants and never experienced that. It didn't ruin the meal by any stretch, but we probably won't dine at Benihana again because of that. I'm glad NCL sticks to "normal" fried rice. :D

Fried rice without meat? What is the world coming to? All of the Teppanyaki restaurants here in Texas serve it with meat and you have your choice of shrimp, chicken, beef, and pork or combination with all four.

We will be sailing on our first NCL cruise this summer and I wanted to go to this restaurant but don't know if I could do it with just veggie fried rice. Is adding meat an option?

• 3 weeks later...

There wasn't any meat in our rice at Tappanyaki on the Jade, but there were eggs. I suppose if you wanted it without egg, they could separate out some for you.

Make your reservation as soon as possible after boarding. Reservations fill up real quick.

Archived