Need Help with Miami Hotel

Why Knot Me

I'm looking for a Miami Hotel for one night January 21, 2011. We leave on the Epic the next day. I've only stayed in the Bayside area previously and enjoyed it. It actually would be ideal this time too except the price. The IC is $167 on LMT and the Holiday Inn is full. Since it is my teen daughter and myself, I'm not looking to spend the 167 plus at the IC. What I would like is something around $100-$125, within walking distance of some shopping and a restaurant. We arrive in Miami at about 4:30 and just want something simple to do that night, sleep, then take a taxi to the port the next morning. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm looking for a Miami Hotel for one night January 21, 2011. We leave on the Epic the next day. I've only stayed in the Bayside area previously and enjoyed it. It actually would be ideal this time too except the price. The IC is $167 on LMT and the Holiday Inn is full. Since it is my teen daughter and myself, I'm not looking to spend the 167 plus at the IC. What I would like is something around $100-$125, within walking distance of some shopping and a restaurant. We arrive in Miami at about 4:30 and just want something simple to do that night, sleep, then take a taxi to the port the next morning. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Since the IC is so expensive on LMT, I'm guessing you are going to have a hard time finding what you want in that price range. I'd bite the bullet and book the IC.

Try Blue Lagoon area hotels - Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others - free airport shuttle, shopping and dining within walking distance (try Casa Juan for great and inexpensive Cuban food), and a taxi to POM the next day will run under $30 including tip. Good luck! :)

My problem is solved. I bid on Priceline and got the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Hope it is good and I just sort of gave up on my wanting to walk to dinner and shopping. I would guess that it's a short taxi ride to Bayside if we really, really want to get there. Otherwise, we'll stay at the hotel, walk around it, have dinner etc.

Nice hotel in a quiet area with some rooms having a view of the port; shopping for last minute items in the underground areas connecting the Marriott to Doubletree and local condo buildings. The bar/dining room in the Doubletree lobby is very good :cool:, or walk 2 blocks to Biscayne and 18th and try Bin 18 - great bistro, wonderful food and service, and an extensive wine and imported beer list.:D Good luck! :)

My problem is solved. I bid on Priceline and got the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Hope it is good and I just sort of gave up on my wanting to walk to dinner and shopping. I would guess that it's a short taxi ride to Bayside if we really, really want to get there. Otherwise, we'll stay at the hotel, walk around it, have dinner etc.

May I ask when you bid? How much? downtown 3 stars? Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

P.S. NEVER MIND - found it on the 'other' thread - I tried up to $105 for my dates the other day with no luck! :(

Glad you got in, I also wonder what you paid? We saw this place a while ago on this site and may try it if we don't eat at Bayside?

http://www.mikesvenetia.com/ Next to Marriott.

I will let you know what its all like.

ps , I called the hotel direct the next day and requested a high floor bayview room. no promises from them so we will see?

Cheers Happy New Year

Thanks for sharing everyone..a couple of questions:

For transportation from Marriot Biscayne Bay to POM do you all recommend a taxi? Guess on the price.

What price did you get for Marriot Biscayne Bay?

Is anyone flying into FLL, and if so, what transportation are you using to get from FLL to MBB?

Thanks again everyone!

A taxi to the port should be approx $10 - not very far!

From FLL to miami hotel many use SAS transport which is very reasonable - approx $15 per person - much cheaper than shuttles/taxis. Others rent a car.

Thanks for sharing everyone..a couple of questions:

For transportation from Marriot Biscayne Bay to POM do you all recommend a taxi? Guess on the price.

What price did you get for Marriot Biscayne Bay?

Is anyone flying into FLL, and if so, what transportation are you using to get from FLL to MBB?

Thanks again everyone!

Flying into FLL from Buffalo Non stop Southwest air, Transfering to Miami with SAS, ridesas.com.. Paid on priceline 2 months ago $105 +tax for MBB

We're flying into FLL and renting a car. It's only about $40 to rent and we don't have to worry about waiting on others. We'll get it from Alamo and drop it of at the Miami airport. They have a free shuttle to take you to the port.

so on priceline did you do a name your own price? if so, what region?

thanks

We did downtown Miami , asked for 3. 5 stars and up, started at $85, they asked for $20 more for deal, we did it. I learned after that we could have offered $10 and they would have taken it?

Marriott Biscayne Hotel is only a very short walk to the free people mover which takes you all over Miami. We stayed there for a week for a convention and staff was absolutely wonderful, beds comfortable, view is great and found it to be very convenient. Bar downstairs made some great mojitos.

I bid on Priceline with the following:

3.5 and 4 star options chosen

downtown hotel

$100.00

Hey everyone...thanks again for your help/feedback on this hotel. I did priceline today for 2/26 and got Marriott Biscayne Bay for $95+taxes on Priceline.

thanks again

Archived