Disney for Couples?

DisneyPixie

We've done 4 Disney cruises with the kids, 1 Princess without and just finished a 10 night Princess cruise in Europe with the kids. I love Disney, the service is great and they do a great job of entertaining the kids. You do have Palo, which is only for adults and not to be missed. However, I have to agree with the posters who state that there are kids around, all the time. While Disney does a great job of keeping them busy, they are still out and about. You will find a lot of children in the movies and all over the ship. There will be a tremendous amount of children in the dining rooms, not Palo, but usually you can only eat here one night. The shows are geared towards family. My husband and I considered doing our first cruise without the kids on Disney and then realized that if they weren't with us, we just didn't want to deal with eating with a lot of younger children, possibly at our table, and wanted a quieter more adult time. We realized that Princess did have more things geared towards adult during the day and plenty more at night.

Don't get me wrong, Disney is fantastic and there are a lot of levels that they simply can't be beat at, but just know that you're traveling on a cruise line that caters to mainly families and there will be plenty of children on board at every time of the year and you'll be fine. There will be some cruisers on board who like you don't have their kids with them, but there will be more cruisers who are traveling together as a family and not as a couple. There won't be as many people out and about later at night if that's what you like as you may see on other lines so this is another thing keep in mind.

• 3 weeks later...

We are a couple in our late 40's we were on Wonder last Sept. Yes there are kids on board but you really don't see them that much Disney keeps them very busy. THere is the adult pool which is nice. My husband and I did the Romance Package with Disney. It consisted of preferred reservation at Palo's couples massage which we enjoyed we were in the same room and it was so relaxing. Gift package.

We never made it for breakfast but ordered room service and ate breakfast on our veranda.

Enjoy

Marsha

Archived