Princess Captain's Circle-Complimentary Internet Packages, How does it work?

CruiseAdict218

This month on the Golden when I first logged in, it recognized that we were Platinum. It showed our 250 minute package as 0 charge.They didn't do the 100.00 charge and the later credit on your bill.If you wanted additional minutes, you just bought it.

This is lovely! I lost out our first cruise as Platinum because I didn't cash in my DH's credits until 2 days before end of sailing and the $75 package was no longer available. It would be great if it auto credited all pax.

With respect, I always suggest that we try to log off when we sail off. I spend so much time online that a real vacation means no time online. There's that gorgeous air and ocean; why would I stare at a screen in my cabin or in the Internet Cafe? Besides, it's just THEFT onboard what they charge the "base metal" passengers. It's the new piracy! And I'm always worried about laptop theft; they don't fit in safes, and it's just too tempting to steal it.

I understand the notion of getting away from it all, but to us the internet access is a blessing (check on home) and provides a great way to stay in touch. I get this isn't for everyone, but we love it and bring out laptop every time.

To each his/her own. We all have different needs, wants and preferences. Not sure where you get the idea that the Internet charges are theft. Could you elaborate? I would assume that by making that claim, you know what the MCN contract includes and what the actual satellite costs care. There's no question there's a mark-up but the cruiseline is paying high costs for the satellite and equipment maintenance.
The charges are a conflict of interest though. They should charge for the amount of data transmitted not for time used. It is not in their interest to do this though, why try to improve the transmission speed causing you to use less time. A good comparison would be a restaurant charging by the minute instead of food the food and having extremely slow service!!

• 1 month later...
This is lovely! I lost out our first cruise as Platinum because I didn't cash in my DH's credits until 2 days before end of sailing and the $75 package was no longer available. It would be great if it auto credited all pax.

What is a DH's credit or what does it stand for ?

What is a DH credit ?

Another question. What is the 20,000+ club ?

She was referring to her dear/darling husband who did not utilize his complimentary internet credits.

20,000+ club is someone who has exceeded more than 20,000 countable posts on Cruise Critic. Not every post gets counted; i.e. Floataway.

The internet credit is per person who is Platinum or Elite. So if you and your traveling companion are each Platinum or Elite you will each get the credit which depends on the length of the cruise
That's good to know. I just assumed it was per cabin, since that's how shipboard credit is usually done. This makes me want to become Platinum even more, knowing both my wife and I will get the same amount of free internet.

Archived