First Time on Paul Gauguin Ship - June 11, 2011

bethcooks4u

We are Stephanie & John & we're on your trip too! First timers blowing the kids inheritance. :p We fly in Friday, June 10th.

Are you thinking about doing Patrick's 3/4 day excursion? Sounds like great fun & I think we have a fun group forming!! :D

We're first timers on PG as well, is there anyone on our cruise (11 June) done it before?

Stephanie, here we say we have taken up ski-ing - spending kids inheritance!! I say lets all go on the slalom.:p

Love the term "SKI-ING" - totally stealing it!!! Sounds like we all might be newbies on this cruise....:D

HI All

We are Michelle and Phil.

We contacted Patrick directly and he put us in touch with Mommyoftwins. We are booked for the 14th of June and the more people that go the cheaper the tour gets. There is no deposit payable, he will explain the process when he replies to you. If you look on the Tripadvisor.com site you will see the great reviews!

We will be arriving on the 9th and staying 2 nights at the Manava Suites in Papeete before the cruise. We leave on the 18th on a 7.00 am flight!

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Is everyone on the roll call board?

Hi all,

My husband, my sister and I were on PG this past January. Patrick is very popular, so the earlier you book him, the better. When I contacted him, I had maybe 5 of us. The max I think was 12. So, on the ship, I found another 7. We had Patrick's cousin (not sure if he is a real cousin.) We had a blast. The BBQ lunch provided was fantastic! We love local food, and fruits. You will not regret the tour, much better than ship's. the group is smaller, and tour can be tailored to the group. Enjoy! :)

Hi all,

My husband, my sister and I were on PG this past January. Patrick is very popular, so the earlier you book him, the better. When I contacted him, I had maybe 5 of us. The max I think was 12. So, on the ship, I found another 7. We had Patrick's cousin (not sure if he is a real cousin.) We had a blast. The BBQ lunch provided was fantastic! We love local food, and fruits. You will not regret the tour, much better than ship's. the group is smaller, and tour can be tailored to the group. Enjoy! :)

Thanks. We have eight and Patrick said he's limiting us to the eight because of the price of gas, and other rising costs. So your group chose the BBQ lunch vs the Polynesian lunch? I know it will be great fun with a small group. So glad I joined this board. :)

Just talked with Amy (TA with PG) and she shared a lot about the trip and what we can expect. When we go on the Motu on the 13th (our anniversary!) we can choose to have massages right out there in paradise - private area of course. It's a full day on the Motu, we can sit on the chairs provided, enjoy food and drink, snorkel and more. The conversation made me want to get on the plane today. :)

Just talked with Amy (TA with PG) and she shared a lot about the trip and what we can expect. When we go on the Motu on the 13th (our anniversary!) we can choose to have massages right out there in paradise - private area of course. It's a full day on the Motu, we can sit on the chairs provided, enjoy food and drink, snorkel and more. The conversation made me want to get on the plane today. :)

Not long now Beth, a massage sounds perfect:cool:

Our anniversary. My birthday is in January.

Sorry about the double post. It didn't look like it went through. lol

Go on....admit it......you were getting all excited with the prospect of your hols!! :D

Been and pick up our currency today, the TA was busy with clients so I ran out of time to pick up travel docs - probably get those tomorrow ;)

WOW - you can get massages on the motu?? :eek: Now that sounds very tempting...:rolleyes:

Hi Beth,

We will be on your cruise !! Just found a further 2 couples, and they are intersted in getting a few couples together for a 3/4 day excursion on Bora Bora with Patrick. :)

Hi there. Just reading posts for the June 11 sailing. It's our anniversary too , (30), and we are thrilled to be on this cruise. Can you fill me in on the special excursion you are talking about?

Thanks!:)

Hi there. Just reading posts for the June 11 sailing. It's our anniversary too , (30), and we are thrilled to be on this cruise. Can you fill me in on the special excursion you are talking about?

Congrats on your anniversary. Looks like we'll be doing a Lot of celebrating. When do you fly out of LA?

The excursion we are mostly talking about is run by Patrick who has a reputation of doing a great trip. It's in Bora Bora and includes snorkeling, sting ray and shark encounters and a Polynesian feast for lunch. He usually takes up to 12 but because of the rising costs, especially of gas, he is limiting the group to 8 and starting a second boat if more people want to do the trip. I'll look for the link to his web page add it for you.

ETA: here's that link:

http://www.maohinui.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=

So now we are 16 cruisers. If you want, email me (kiwiuk@xtra.co.nz) and I will forward your fellow cruisers - we have a round robin email (some with mugshots).

Where are you staying pre-cruise? Have you seen the "beverages" mb? There are also a couple of postings on the PG Roll call message board

Pam:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
I am also on the Paul Gauguin June 11th sailing and can't wait!!!

Finally, you've found us !! So many questions !! :confused:

Whereabouts in Auckland are you?

When do you fly out?

Where are you staying pre-cruise?

Don't want to come across as nosey, just thought that there must be other JAFAs on this cruise:)

Check out the message boards and other posts on the Roll Call. We are all emailing each other, as the excitement builds.

Pam - kiwiuk@xtra.co.nz

Okay, whats a JAFA?

As most of the population of NZ lives north of the Bombay Hills, in Auckland, and not everyone appreciates Aucklanders.....so the rest of NZ

call us JAFAS - Just Another F******* Aucklander !!! :eek:

Jaffas are also a lolly by Cadbury's, a small ball of chocolate coated in an orange candy shell.....renowned for rolling down the floors at the cinema!!

How you doing Michelle? Anything coming together?

JUST LOOK AT THE COUNTDOWN CLOCK

30th Anniversary.....you know what that is don't you???? You're going to the right place;)

Hi from the four from quake city (Christchurch ) joining you on the cruise. We are on NZ40 out of Auckland Fri 10th arrive Papeete 12.05 on Fri10th. Staying at Sofitel. No excursions planned just swimming and the bar/food.

4 of us. Graeme & Helen Kennedy ( chippy ) chippyk@xtra.co.nz

And Dave & Karen:):)

take care and see you there.

I am also on the Paul Gauguin June 11th sailing and can't wait!!!

Hello DreamComeTrue1!

We are Stephanie & John and will be on your cruise as well. We arrive June 10. This is our first time on this ship & can't wait either! :D

Hi All

Things are coming together slowly Pam, plan on 'getting out and trying on' soon. Phil is getting organised on the weekend.

Not long to go and we will all be toasting each other as we sail away!

We should be nicely chilled out by the time some of you get there :D - we leave here on Thurs 9th and arrive Wed 8th.

Don't intend to venture into PPT - it's not really a highlight for us, besides joining the PG there.

We will check out Marina Taina, and Centre Moana Nui (shops/supermarket etc.), they have a website if anyone is interested in looking.;)

Archived