First Time on Paul Gauguin Ship - June 11, 2011

bethcooks4u

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary.

Make sure that the ship knows its your anniversary as they have a lovely anniversary event in Bora Bora where they wrap you in a polynesian wedding blanket, put floral wreaths on your head and serenade you with singing and poetry.

Peruse the board for the various dos and donts and do let us know if you have any specific questions.

I think June 11 is the one that Texed and KCB are going on so you should be in good company.

Thanks. I'd love to hear more. Emdee, we told the PG cruise people we booked with that it was our anniversary during the cruise. Do we have to tell the ship too? They said there was a package we could get for vow renewal but we passed on it for now.

I'd love to know more about the ceremony on Bora Bora.

I haven't had time to look around here much yet - it's overwhelming. I wish there was a board with just PG cruises to make it easier. That being said, I'm glad I found this one - it will give us lots of info for future cruising ideas.

ETA: It looks like the two people you mentioned are on the June 18 trip. Would love to hear from others who will be on our trip too.

Hi Beth,

The anniversary event is usually in Bora Bora and has nothing to do with the package. Take your own camera with you and ask someone at the event to take some pictures of you in the blanket etc. We received a copy of the poem and laminated it for our album along with the pictures.

Sailing into Moorea is also very beautiful.

You can tell I have the FP Flu badly.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

it will be noted in the Daily Event newsletter -- just show up. The boat photog will be there also and they read a poem and toast with Champagne and a cake... looking at the photo now.... nice memories. Also, (assuming they still do this) you will likely receive a nice greeting in your cabin in the way of a Happy Anniversary cake with champagne at some point on your cruise.

Like most things on the Gauguin, it's casual -- no need to sign up or anything. Have a terrific trip -- what a PERFECT anniversary treat.

• 4 months later...
We just booked our cruise on the PG for June 11. Would love tips to make the trip the dream vacation we want it to be. It's our 25th Anniversary on the 13th too.

I'd also like to hear from others who will also be on that cruise.

Hi Beth,

We will be on your cruise !! Just found a further 2 couples, and they are intersted in getting a few couples together for a 3/4 day excursion on Bora Bora with Patrick. :)

Hi Beth

We will be on the cruise with you as well. It will be our first time in Tahiti and can't wait! We are also going to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary which was in March and my birthday which is on the 16th of June. What a perfect way to celebrate!

Looks like we now have 5 couples on the PG 11 June cruise!!

Chippk

Ashryn

bethcooks4u

mommyof twins

kiwiuk

There is another thread going on PG Roll Calls, so check it out.

Hi Beth,

We will be on your cruise !! Just found a further 2 couples, and they are intersted in getting a few couples together for a 3/4 day excursion on Bora Bora with Patrick. :)

More info on this please. We don't want to commit to something and miss the wedding blanket thing. So happy to hear of others on the trip with us. Feel free to PM me with contact info so we can be sure to connect.

Hi Beth,

I talked with my husband and we're in for that excursion! Now, how do we sign up?

Also, I'm on other boards that allow you to talk (PM) or email privately but I don't see that here. Is that possible??

Looks like we now have 5 couples on the PG 11 June cruise!!

Chippk

Ashryn

bethcooks4u

mommyof twins

kiwiuk

There is another thread going on PG Roll Calls, so check it out.

greatlyblessed is also on our cruise

Hi Beth,

Do you know "greatly blessed" personally? Not seen that name in my trolling through the message boards. Get them to log on to the roll call !

So we are now 7 couples, I have been in touch with "chippk" and they are 2 couples - Graeme & Helen and Dave & Karen.

Our email is kiwiuk@xtra.co.nz, we are Pam & Eric. Do you think we should individually contact Patrick and arrange the booking? Would hate to miss out.

HI All

We are Michelle and Phil.

We contacted Patrick directly and he put us in touch with Mommyoftwins. We are booked for the 14th of June and the more people that go the cheaper the tour gets. There is no deposit payable, he will explain the process when he replies to you. If you look on the Tripadvisor.com site you will see the great reviews!

We will be arriving on the 9th and staying 2 nights at the Manava Suites in Papeete before the cruise. We leave on the 18th on a 7.00 am flight!

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Is everyone on the roll call board?

HI. My wife and I and another couple also booked for the June 11 trip. Also first timers on this boat, and booked down in the hull... Deck 3. Chippyk@xtra.co.nz

Hello Chippk!

We are Stephanie & John & we're on your trip too! First timers blowing the kids inheritance. :p We fly in Friday, June 10th.

Are you thinking about doing Patrick's 3/4 day excursion? Sounds like great fun & I think we have a fun group forming!! :D

HI All

We will be arriving on the 9th and staying 2 nights at the Manava Suites in Papeete before the cruise. We leave on the 18th on a 7.00 am flight!

Hi Ashryn/Michelle & Phil,

We leave here (NZ) on the 9th, arrive evening of 8th - but like you......fly out Sat 18th on 7.00am flight (TN101 - don't want to think it...getting up early & off the ship, heading to the airport for 4am check-in!!!)

Not everyone has entered in the "roll call" yet for 11 June cruise. With the different messages going round for our cruise, I am getting confused with them (must have had a long day).

Going to contact Patrick this evening, and make a reservation.;)

We are Stephanie & John & we're on your trip too! First timers blowing the kids inheritance. :p We fly in Friday, June 10th.

Are you thinking about doing Patrick's 3/4 day excursion? Sounds like great fun & I think we have a fun group forming!! :D

We're first timers on PG as well, is there anyone on our cruise (11 June) done it before?

Stephanie, here we say we have taken up ski-ing - spending kids inheritance!! I say lets all go on the slalom.:p

HI All

We are Michelle and Phil.

We contacted Patrick directly and he put us in touch with Mommyoftwins. We are booked for the 14th of June and the more people that go the cheaper the tour gets. There is no deposit payable, he will explain the process when he replies to you. If you look on the Tripadvisor.com site you will see the great reviews!

Hi,

we are also staying at the Manava for 1 and half nights, arriving 12.05am on the 10th and leaving on a 7am flight back to Sydney on the 18th.

We are new to this web site .......What is a Roll Call?

Cheers Susie

HI Susie

We actually leave on the 9th and arrive night of the 8th (getting time zones mixed up!)

The roll call is another board, a bit further down the boards page. Have a look for Paul Gauguin and you will see a post for our sailing of June 11. It is place for people to chat who will be on that cruise, just an easier way to find people. Don't know if I've explained it well enough, will see if we see you on the roll call!:)

HI Susie

The roll call is another board, a bit further down the boards page. Have a look for Paul Gauguin and you will see a post for our sailing of June 11. It is place for people to chat who will be on that cruise, just an easier way to find people. Don't know if I've explained it well enough, will see if we see you on the roll call!:)

I've got PG - Cruise Critic - MB and PG Roll Call both down on my favourites bar so I can find them easily, I have them both open and flip between them for awhile in the evenings. It is addictive though.

"Greatly blessed" - check out : Cruise Critic Message Boards > ROLL CALLS - Members Only > Paul Gauguin Roll Calls

Archived