OBC on Edocs

Does OBC show on your edocs? I requested a gift certificate be used as OBC. I've never done that before and don't know how to be sure it's been properly credited. My edocs will probably be ready in another month or so and I would also like to know where it would be on the edocs. Thanks for all your help in advance!:)

Bring your confirmation with you. Morning after your sailing, if you have not been confirmed (notice in your cabin) check with Guest Relations, bring your proof.

Info is tansmitted to the ship the evening it sails, then loaded overnight

Nope. RCCL doesn't do like other lines. You just have to trust that it will be applied on the 2nd day of the cruise. I've not had issues in the past, but currently I have $350 OBC, the Grand Romance Package, Flowers, etc. It would certainly put my mind at ease if I had something on paper. But again, I have not had any issue in the past.

Thanks everyone. I was planning on taking a copy of the gift certificate. I didn't get a confirmation number or email when I applied it online.:confused: I would feel better too if I had something showing I had applied it. Guess I'll just have to trust that they get it right!!!:)

I don't understand why RCCL needs to keep this information "secret". It would be comforting to know BEFORE YOU LEAVE if the OBC has been applied. Waiting until the second day just makes no sense. There is no reason why they couldn't provide this information prior to sailing.

Next time, if there is one, be sure to take a screen shot of the page where you applied the gift certificate, and print it out to bring with you. I agree it's tacky of RCCL not to make this easy, but I can almost always find a way around stupid stuff like that, if I have a little time to think about it :D

Next time, if there is one, be sure to take a screen shot of the page where you applied the gift certificate, and print it out to bring with you. I agree it's tacky of RCCL not to make this easy, but I can almost always find a way around stupid stuff like that, if I have a little time to think about it :D

The only problem is you don't "apply" the credits on-line. You have paper certificates that you have to mail in. I did make copies of the certificates before mailing, but there is no guarantee that the certificates ever reached them...or that the credits were applied. Other than calling...which you shouldn't have to do...there seems to be no way around this. Plus, since I used an online TA, I would have to go through them and they would have to contact RCCL and them they would have to get back to me. This could all be avoided so easily.

I didn't get a confirmation number or email when I applied it online. I would feel better too if I had something showing I had applied it. Guess I'll just have to trust that they get it right!!!

Ah, my bad. I was maybe misunderstanding, but the above is why I said "take a screenshot when you apply it online."

The only problem is you don't "apply" the credits on-line.

Maybe you apply gift certificates, but not credits? I don't know! Looks like there's more I don't know than I do :eek:

Archived