Any idea how to check past history of how many kids aboard during certain weeks?

klguess

We have finally decided on Carnival Conquest and I've got 2 diff weeks I'm looking at for our family. Both in the summer - early June, mid August. Is there any website or place I could go and ask in past years how many kids were aboard those weeks? I know both will be busy, but thought that info might help me finalize a decision. We have teens and a 3 yr old.

There are always lots of kids on Carnival ships at all times of the year. In the summer, especially, there will be even more. Although you may not find specific counts or percentages by ship or cruise line, on some of our cruises, the CD announced the numbers. Seems like on our summer cruises, it was about 1/3 kids. On one of our Christmas family cruises, it was even more!

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

How early in June? Our schools here in Colorado get out the very end of May or first few days of June. But we're back in mid-August. I think some of the east coast schools still try to start after labor day, and end mid-June.

If it's the first week of June, I would choose that one.

PS - Check with your teens about school activities. At our district, if you are in football, or Marching Band, both expect you to be available August 1st. If you have a family vacation scheduled, you are out of the program. That just gets worse the older the teens get.

How early June? We went on a Carnival cruise out of NYC the first week of June and it was clear that most kids weren't out yet. Mine had gotten out early that year.

It was nice to have some kids onboard but not be inuandated with kids. It was a nice balance.

Mid August, you will be overrun with kids. It's a different feel. It's not exactly always a good one.

You don't want to be on a ship where the pools are crowded to overflowing. Like a big floating lobster tank. That's not fun for anyone.

We are going June 5 2011 on the Conquest my daughter is getting married on it. Oklahoma schools are out around May 20 so when we went last summer there were alot of kids. We start back around the 15 of August but with sports they have to be in activities Aug. 1. If you are wanting alot of kids I would go around the first of June if not I'd wait. I think we have over 20 kids sailing with us.

We usually sail in June or August. August always seems to have more kids on board from our experience. Of course, June will have quite a few as well so if you are looking for kids you will find them both times, but more in August.

Archived