Porthole room over the anchor or interior in the back?

cschultz

I have never stayed on the lowest deck before. We decided on a last minute cruise in Feb.

They have a great resident rate $219 for either a porthole room in the front of the ship,

(I am assuming right over the anchor, or 219 for an interior room on the same floor in the back of the ship. I originally picked the porthole room and have a hold on a room, but after thinking I am leaning toward the room in the back. Anyone stay over the anchor before?

Is it really loud? With 2 stops on a 5 day cruise, that will be 3 times that the anchor will be waking me up if it is indeed loud. Any opinions. Please help, as I usually get balcony cabins or inside rooms that are on the upper floors.

Anyone stay over the anchor before?

Is it really loud? With 2 stops on a 5 day cruise, that will be 3 times that the anchor will be waking me up if it is indeed loud. Any opinions.

You may already be aware, but the anchor would only be utilized at any port stop that requires tendering. If you are tied to a dock/pier, no anchoring is necessary.

You may already be aware, but the anchor would only be utilized at any port stop that requires tendering. If you are tied to a dock/pier, no anchoring is necessary.

Actually I did not know that. We will be going to Half moon Cay and Nassau. So maybe I will only have to hear it once. My husband is always up very early anyway. So I guess I will keep the PT room.

Having stayed in a porthole room, I would chose it again. The anchor drop was a great wake up call for going into port. The room is great in my opinion.

Thanks. This is what I wanted to hear. I could not believe the rate of $219 for a 5 day

cruise. So I jumped on it. There are rooms above ours, so no noise there. I just worried about the anchor, since I have never experience that before. Is it really loud?

Iv stayed in the PTs on Fantasy class, didnt realize until you posted to someone else you would assume we had not. I have been on both Riveria deck, I think R23? and E9 on Empress.

That is a good price compared to what Iv paid, keep the PT.

I have never stayed on the lowest deck before. We decided on a last minute cruise in Feb.

They have a great resident rate $219 for either a porthole room in the front of the ship,

(I am assuming right over the anchor, or 219 for an interior room on the same floor in the back of the ship. I originally picked the porthole room and have a hold on a room, but after thinking I am leaning toward the room in the back. Anyone stay over the anchor before?

Is it really loud? With 2 stops on a 5 day cruise, that will be 3 times that the anchor will be waking me up if it is indeed loud. Any opinions. Please help, as I usually get balcony cabins or inside rooms that are on the upper floors.

I would avoid the front. It's like a roller coaster ride up there!

The anchor would only be used at tendered ports obviously....and even at those, often moorings are used so they don't drop the anchor. In any case, we always enjoyed hearing the anchor, as we knew it was time to get up and get going.

I would avoid the front. It's like a roller coaster ride up there!

Huh? That's the best part of a vacation at sea! If you don't want to feel the movement, book a land vacation. It's all about the motion of the ocean.

I would definitely choose the porthole room also. I just enjoyed one of those last September on the Freedom and the noise/sounds didnt bother me at all. Yes I heard some, but they werent disruptive and as for motion; I felt only a gentle rocking on some nights, and it was actually quite pleasant! Porthole room for me again any time.:)

We stayed up front once. Cabin M2. Early each morning of a new port, either it was the anchor winches,or at a pier, the hydraulic winches that let out the dock lines were set into motion. They would usually start about 430-530AM. It would last until everything was snugged up and go quiet again--20 minutes? But you could sure tell it.

Archived