What to pack - RCI 2/5/11 S. Carrib.

Angelfire58s

Whatever you'd pack for any vacation to a hot area is what you should bring! The temps. will be summery! Shorts, bathing suits, etc...are the outfit of the day. Of course, bring clothes for dinners, too.

Depending on what port you leave from will determine the 1st and last day's wardrobe. Check Weather.com for departure port info about 3 days out!

Agree with CB, the southern route is very near the equator so the temps are tropical all year 'round. Shorts and capris are good for daytime, light slacks or skirts at night. You will need outfits for 2 formal nights, but tuxedos are not required. DH wore chinos and a sport coat, and I took a pair of floaty black slacks and two different tops.

Be careful to avoid overpacking...we brought back 1/3 clothes unworn last cruise. There is laundry service if you come up short.

Have fun! She is a great ship and the stops are fun.

One thing to keep in mind, it may be a little 'chilly' inside during the evening, my wife takes a wrap in case she's cold.

I also subscribe to the pack light crowd, having overpacked in the past. I make a list of what I need based on the itinerary and number of nites that I dine in the main dining room.

enjoy...

Try to pack light. With baggage charges these days, its expensive if you try to take a bunch of clothes. You should be able to get 7 days worth of clothes into some small bags. When taking a longer trip, we try to do laundry on board the ship. Some have washer and dryers.

Have a great time!! :)

http://www.*****

Archived