Posh passes are oversold!

erdoran

The Epic Club is open for lunch, and its great.

The Grill is for people who miss the lunch hours for the Epic Club or who want to eat poolside.

I read the post also, just reserving judgment until we hear from someone who actually stayed in a suite and was charged for eating at the grill.

The Epic Club is open for lunch, and its great.

The Grill is for people who miss the lunch hours for the Epic Club or who want to eat poolside.

I read the post also, just reserving judgment until we hear from someone who actually stayed in a suite and was charged for eating at the grill.

I agree with you. Can't see them charging for something that is free one deck down.

I have seen the same posting elsewhere, and someone who just returned from the Epic, said there was no charge in the Epic Grill.

Can you obtain the same food items in the Epic Grill that are served in Epic Club? I thought I read that somewhere.

I have pictures of Posh and the other open areas around it if anyone is interested. We were on a packed ship in July and there were dozens and dozens of empty seats.

Let me know

I think the issue is only when there are 4,5,6 occupancy in most of the Courtyards. Christmas week was an example of that. Hopefully NCL will monitor Posh in future weeks that they see they have a large occupancy in the Courtyard, especially with all the school breaks coming up between February and April. Also in the winter months there are more people who are escaping the cold and want a lounge chair in comparison to a month like July.

My concern always was...even when the Epic was being built...with the large # of suites on the Epic, how do we know who is a Courtyard guest and who is sneaking in (which is also a problem in Posh)? It's clear by the posts on this thread that there are people who do that. If I see that the Courtyard is not worth it when I get back I will cancel my future sailing on the Epic and go back to the Jewel class CV. Hopefully, it all works out and it will not be a very expensive lesson learned.

Going on Epic again in a couple of wks so I just inquired about some of the things I've read here about people sneaking in (believe that was holiday wk). I was assured that they are now monitoring that area to avoid that happening again.

I think they're nipping that one in the bud.

Going on Epic again in a couple of wks so I just inquired about some of the things I've read here about people sneaking in (believe that was holiday wk). I was assured that they are now monitoring that area to avoid that happening again.

I think they're nipping that one in the bud.

Thanks. Good to know. I knew NCL would handle the situation.

Here is what was written:

"Epic Club - several in my group were in Courtyard Villas and took advantage of the Epic Club. Amazing menu and great service. Also noted that the Courtyard Grill was now charging money and not an included dining option as was originally stated."

I too hope she is mistaken but it sounds pretty specific- not saying epic club isn't included, just the grill. Seems strange, Is the Epic club also open for lunch?

I received an email from Sean Wurmhoeringer (current Epic Hotel Director) that nothing has changed when it come to food charges in the courtyard area. There is still NO charge for food at Epic Club or Epic Grill.

We were at Posh this last week and saw 2 couples being asked to leave - they already were settled down on their loungers. Also, one time when we got on the elevator, 4 older women slipped on behind us (just waiting for their chance, I guess!). It was a few minutes but they also were asked to leave. The bottom level was crowded at times but no one was on the upper level - very windy up there.

I'm glad that NCL is addressing people sneaking in, and I'd hope that extends to one person buys a pass and brings his friends/family along for free which wouldn't surprise me either. I hope they are ALSO considering adjusting the number of passes they sell downwards on sailings with heavily-booked suites, because I suspect that was the other issue on my sailing.

Both bottom and upper level were very crowded during my trip.

I was one of the indviduals that bought a POSH pass for each week I was on December 18 until January 1st. I was not is a Suite passenger but had heard about the limited number of POSH passes so I thought I would try.

I received a special card and colored bracelet that was different for each week. The first week I only got up there one day even though I paid for the whole week.

It is the second week I wish to address. Out of the 7 days I was up there every day mostly in the early afternoon to late afternoon staying pretty much until I went to get ready for dinner. There was one or two afternoons that it was busy but there was a variety of seating available. What I noticed got limited quickly were the double like beds but there were the single loungers and chairs available throughout the area. I never saw anyone walking around looking for seating and not finding it. On the other hand most of the time I was one of the few up there. I know that a couple of the days it was empty. I mean to the point that the bartenders were doing other things on that level because no one was there for them to take care of. Also the bartenders close up the bar at 6:00, I do not know if this is because that was when the sun set or not.

I do not know if POSH is suppose to be adults only but there sure were alot of kids up there, mostly teenagers. Further I would find it hard to believe that if this is a suite perk that children would not be allowed seeing as they were probably staying in the suites with family.

I understand suite guest being upset if they did not get what they considered part of the perks they paid for but on the other hand please do not get upset at the passenger that decided to pay for a service that was offered. My understanding was that the number of passes were limited so I considered myself lucky to get one of the passes. Maybe I was an exception instead of the rule but I wore my bracelet everytime I was up there.

Another thing that should be noted is there was the same issue in POSH as in other areas of the ship, people would save loungers with items and then no one would be occupying the space for a period of time ( I usually considered 30 to 60 minutes when saying this) then they would come back after that period of time and automatically get upset because they feel that no one should have taken their space no matter how long they had been gone.

I enjoyed my time up in POSH and considered it worth the price I paid and I am sorry if suite passengers had issues but there probably is no perfect fit. NCL was probably trying to utilize space that they had noticed was being under utilized. The ship is still new so I sure that there are still things being fine tuned just like children being in the Studio area without adults and they sure were under the age of 18. I hope that POSH will be fine tuned and that the opportunity for some to get passes will continue but I understand if it doesn't as long as the space is fully utilized by the suite passengers.

I think there should just be a proper balance to it. As others have suggested, they should take it on a cruise capacity basis. If the cruise is going to be like the recent holiday cruises that were packed to the gills with people then they shouldn't sell any passes to avoid overcrowding. If capacity is a bit less then maybe have restrictions to the passes, maybe they can only be used on port days and after 3pm on sea days. And on lower capacity cruises put no restrictions on the passes. I'm sure the key cards for the elevator could be programmed for time restrictions. I would also disallow passes being active on day of boarding so that suite guests can enjoy sailaway up top exclusively.

I think instead of giving out a wristband at the time the pass is purchased they should just get a keycard that gives elevator access. Then when arriving at Posh there should be a small check-in table where you show your card. Suite guests would just be waved through by flashing their keycard (color would indicate room category), while pass guests would have to check in and would get a wristband at that time. The wristband should change color each day. If a pass guest re-enters Posh that same day now they already have a wristband so they could be waived in. Maybe give out a free bottle of water when the guest checks-in so they get something for their time. And suite guests who enter directly from the courtyard would not have to go by any check-in desk.

Yes, this would require a little more effort on NCL's part and would require having an employee stationed near the elevator at all times, but to maintain a satisfactory experience for both suite guests and those who paid for a pass, it makes sense.

I was one of the indviduals that bought a POSH pass for each week I was on December 18 until January 1st. I was not is a Suite passenger but had heard about the limited number of POSH passes so I thought I would try.

I received a special card and colored bracelet that was different for each week. The first week I only got up there one day even though I paid for the whole week.

It is the second week I wish to address. Out of the 7 days I was up there every day mostly in the early afternoon to late afternoon staying pretty much until I went to get ready for dinner. There was one or two afternoons that it was busy but there was a variety of seating available. What I noticed got limited quickly were the double like beds but there were the single loungers and chairs available throughout the area. I never saw anyone walking around looking for seating and not finding it. On the other hand most of the time I was one of the few up there. I know that a couple of the days it was empty. I mean to the point that the bartenders were doing other things on that level because no one was there for them to take care of. Also the bartenders close up the bar at 6:00, I do not know if this is because that was when the sun set or not.

I do not know if POSH is suppose to be adults only but there sure were alot of kids up there, mostly teenagers. Further I would find it hard to believe that if this is a suite perk that children would not be allowed seeing as they were probably staying in the suites with family.

I understand suite guest being upset if they did not get what they considered part of the perks they paid for but on the other hand please do not get upset at the passenger that decided to pay for a service that was offered. My understanding was that the number of passes were limited so I considered myself lucky to get one of the passes. Maybe I was an exception instead of the rule but I wore my bracelet everytime I was up there.

Another thing that should be noted is there was the same issue in POSH as in other areas of the ship, people would save loungers with items and then no one would be occupying the space for a period of time ( I usually considered 30 to 60 minutes when saying this) then they would come back after that period of time and automatically get upset because they feel that no one should have taken their space no matter how long they had been gone.

I enjoyed my time up in POSH and considered it worth the price I paid and I am sorry if suite passengers had issues but there probably is no perfect fit. NCL was probably trying to utilize space that they had noticed was being under utilized. The ship is still new so I sure that there are still things being fine tuned just like children being in the Studio area without adults and they sure were under the age of 18. I hope that POSH will be fine tuned and that the opportunity for some to get passes will continue but I understand if it doesn't as long as the space is fully utilized by the suite passengers.

Hey, I for one am not upset with people who buy passes and use them for themselves only--you have as much right to be in Posh as a suite pax once you've bought your pass. My beef is with NCL for selling too many passes, that's no one's fault but theirs!!

The one afternoon I was at Posh if there was seating it was very scarce, if at all, and certainly nowhere DH and I could sit together. I actually remember walking around for a while with nothing available, and then a lounger opened up overlooking the pool--a single one...so I was absolutely walking around looking for a place to sit for a while before I found that lounger. That's as unfair to pass-holders as it is to suite pax. Perhaps I chose the wrong afternoon to go to Posh and should have tried again, but I was so ticked (NCL had promised that only a few passes would be sold and there would be no crowding) that I'd had enough.

Wonderman, the spa does pretty much what you describe for access control so NCL knows how to implement that, and it would be a much better way of dealing with folks who sneak in than having to walk around, figure out who they are, and kick them out after the fact. And it may well be that once the "sneakers" are eliminated the overcrowding goes away as well.

That sux a lot! How can they offer you one thing and deliver something totally different. It is a shame and I think NCL is going to lose a lot of the suite passengers!

people on here like to complain.if you want action you have to take things in your own hands.

we used the tropicana offer and was turned down by norwegian.went ti small claims court.after filing the suit we got a call from norwegian and they asked us how much we wanted.this is the only way to fight.uyou will get nowhere on your own.

people on here like to complain.if you want action you have to take things in your own hands.

we used the tropicana offer and was turned down by norwegian.went ti small claims court.after filing the suit we got a call from norwegian and they asked us how much we wanted.this is the only way to fight.uyou will get nowhere on your own.

You filed a lawsuit over a $100 obc?:eek:

You must have a lot of time on your hands.

So... how much did you tell them you "wanted"?

Did you then go on the cruise - and how did you feel about the cruise experience, since you had to "fight" for it? I would think it left a bad taste in your mouth - so to speak.

If I had to file suit, I don't think I would be doing business with that company/individual in the future.

Tom

I haven't cruised on this ship and doubt I will, since I prefer the idea of smaller ships to that of giant floating island type ships, so I don't have a personal 'horse' in this discussion, but I do think that if Posh was marketed as an area exclusively for suite passengers, that NCL shouldn't now be selling access to this area to other passengers. The fact that the area, at certain times, may have few people in it doesn't mean that it is 'under utilized', it means that it is a quiet area with a nice choice of seating for those who have paid extra in their suite pricing, for the privledge of being able to use it.

I don't blame the passengers who bought passes to use it, it isn't their responsibility to deliver what NCL promised to the suite passengers when they sold them on the idea of booking a suite with all the included perks.

I have pictures of Posh and the other open areas around it if anyone is interested. We were on a packed ship in July and there were dozens and dozens of empty seats.

Let me know

Your history indicates that you were on the Epic during the heat of the summer and is was extremely hot on the top deck. It would make sense that more people might be using Posh now. Your thoughts?

Your history indicates that you were on the Epic during the heat of the summer and is was extremely hot on the top deck. It would make sense that more people might be using Posh now. Your thoughts?

In July it was hot everywhere. :)

Archived