easiest blog site

knuts1

we are going on the Veendam on the 24th and want to keep a blog. We are looking for a site that is easy to use and fast to upload to as we are going to try and have our 14yo DD make the entries.

I have a blog (http://padraicmacaodhagain.blogspot.com/) that I post while on HAL cruises. Blogger allows me to send posts (including photos) to it via email. That way I don't have to spend so much time logging on and composing the post as internet facilities on any cruise ship is too slow. The 'Help' facilities with Blogger describe how to set it up to post via email.

Wordpress.com and Blogger.com will both let you set up a free blog using their domain.

If you happen to rent space from a web provider they most likely have installation scripts for others that would tie into your domain.

I use Blogger with Picasa for photos...

I found that Blogger works well with the slow internet connection aboard... (I compose in word on my laptop, then when ready post.) Uploading photos is an issue with the ship's internet connection... but uploading a single picture for the blog works... I can do a 10 photo album... but not much more...

For me, the laptop is the key... I can write at my leisure, spell check and edit as needed, then sign on and upload. Internet time aboard is costly... and the stress of keeping the time down is vacation killing...

You may find faster land based internet connections in port... but I generally don't make the effort... Port time is about the port and the vacation, not the blog and/or internet...

In the interest of honesty, the wife works for Google, owners of Blogger and Picasa... but that didn't color my choices of what blog software to use...

Archived