Flying in to Miami the day before cruise...

Dee777

We have stayed at the HIPOM 4x. It suffices for an overnight stay. Pool is tiny, and kind of "enclosed" in the hotel - it does get a little sun, if that is what you are looking for. Rooms are outdated, but clean. Last Feb., we stayed at the InterContinental using Priority points, so it was free. It was like night and day - a beautiful hotel, and the rooftop pool was lovely. We walked to the Bayside Market for lunch and dinner, and to wander around. I was with dd22, and truthfully, I would have been a bit nervous walking back at night by ourselves, passing thru the park area. We just made sure we had a "daylight" dinner. We will be staying at the IC again in a few weeks. (again, free with points)

I'm looking to use reward points and currently booked for the Hampton Inn at Blue lagoon- was thinking of moving to the Hilton Downtown - does anyone have an opinion. We coming in on the day before our cruise- originially it was only 2 of the 3 of us- hence why we selected the one closer to the airport- but now that we're all coming in Friday we thought of moving into the port- thoughts?

Archived