ALMOST LIVE .... from the Quest January 8th

cindilouwho

I am here!!!!!

Apologies to everyone but I have not been able to post......slow internet.

Problem is that I am having way too much fun to stay and post!!!! :D

Sorry - weather is great - the ship is perfect......food is really good......tours have been beyond amazing!!!

This is the best cruise I have ever been on.....leaving day after tomorrow. :(

That is what I thought. Glad you are having a fantastic time on-board Quest.

When you have the time, I'd like to hear how you liked those tigers at Tiger Temple in Thailand. We did the "Breakfast with the Monks" last year, and were having such a great time playing, bathing, and feeding the tigers that we canceled our afternoon plans to go rafting and ride an elephant and came back for the afternoon tiger session.

We are onboard, internet a bit spotty and have been so busy that not

much time to post. Fantastic ports, Fantastic crew, food a bit "spotty"

but overall very good so far.

Will post full review when we return late next week..

Hong Kong was cold, now getting hot hot hot! Arrive Singapore late this afternoon.

We are onboard, internet a bit spotty and have been so busy that not

much time to post. Fantastic ports, Fantastic crew, food a bit "spotty"

but overall very good so far.

Will post full review when we return late next week..

Hong Kong was cold, now getting hot hot hot! Arrive Singapore late this afternoon.

We were on this trip last February and thought the food was spotty too. We had one meal in the MDR and it was not good, so we never went back. We ate in Prime C many nights which we really liked, but of course there was no extra charge last year (Interesting the thing we liked the most, going to Prime C, has gone up in price - our gratuities were included back then because it was the promo running for months. My DH does not drink and there was plenty of drinks, non-alcoholic and Champagne in our Suite).

We went to the buffet a lot but did not think the food overall was very good. The Chef there even told us they were directed to save money by having cheap food, lots of curries and pasta's, which as a Chef my DH already knew. The outside Grille was the best we have ever had a sea and we ate there every sea day. I hope it is still as good.

I am here!!!!!

Apologies to everyone but I have not been able to post......slow internet.

Problem is that I am having way too much fun to stay and post!!!! :D

Sorry - weather is great - the ship is perfect......food is really good......tours have been beyond amazing!!!

This is the best cruise I have ever been on.....leaving day after tomorrow. :(

I am so sorry but will post on my return.

Just having too much fun.....non stop laughing eating drinking touring....

ship staff and crew are perfection as always.

Will do all the details when I get home.

Sorry sorry sorry - this was so selfish of me.

:rolleyes:

Long Bar at 6:30 tomorrow!!!

We are so looking forward to your review as we will be on this cruise the end of March. Sounds like you had a fabulous time.

Personally, I would love to see "lots of curries."

You are in luck!!!

On our cruises we had an Indian Buffet night each segment

Plus throughtout the cruise there was periodic curries on the buffet.

My DH works in the tech industry in "Silicon Valley" over the years

has learned so much from his collegues from India...regarding food and cricket. Since he's outnumbered when it comes to getting a vote on where they have lunch, what is catered in and that there is no basketball hoops in the back for a pick up game of B-Ball only areas for Cricket. It's been a sink or swim type of enivorment and must say he's embraced it all!

It was alot of fun for us doing this buffet as he could introduce me to a wide range of Indian food and explain to me if he thought it was authentic enough or not...

He was very impressed with the servings, but he did say that it was prepared mild to medium..probably to please the general palate on the ship.

Each time there was curry offered we did a taste tests and now I'm realizing how much I enjoy Indian food.

The only thing AZ didn't do well was the Samosas.

For everyone.......

I just wanted to add more about the buffets we experienced Oct 22-Nov 15th on Azamara Journey

For dinner...there was ALWAYS the following.....

1. Stir Fry Station which you created whatever you wanted TONS of Veggies, Beef, Chicken, Pork, SeaFood to choose from

2. Pasta Station which your created (on Italian night the Pasta Station options were Quadrupled) at least 3 variations of Pasta including Raviolis, 4 sauces and numerous fixins..you could also have him cook you up meat at the Stir Fry station to add in.

3. Sushi Station with Miso soup..There wer premade sushi options BUT also the sushi chef was there to make you what YOU wanted right then and there

4. Carving Station

5. Salad Bar/ Fruit Station/ Antipasto Bar (yummy..watch for this)

6. Ice Cream Bar with at least 6 flavors including sugar free and non fat frozen yogurt.

now add to that....

Assortment of Buffet offerings of

main courses include a fish dish similar to the dining room menu

side dishes, veggies, appetizers, 2 soups

numerous desserts including a warm dessert each night...

lava cake, apple cobbler, bread pudding. etc etc.

The buffet is a hidden gem with live music to entertain you, and gorgeous views outside of the stars

I wouldn't be so quick to write it off in the evening.

Well, our trip is soon coming to a close, we just checked in for our

5:45 am flight tommorow from Singapore. 5 extra days here was a real

bonus. Loved the hawker food stands!!!

We really enjoyed the cruise with only the food being an issue for us.

The ports were fantastic, sailing up the Saigon river is a memory that

I will never forget.

The staff was absolutely fantastic, Top honors go to the hotel manager

Philip. What a class act he is. Guest services staff was excellent as well. Our cabin stewart Caitano was the best we ever had on any cruise. So very many genuine smiling faces, I don't quite know how they can put together such a group of people.

It's too bad they really did not deliver on the food. Presentation was excellent, a few dinners were very good, but many were bland and overcooked. I had a tough stringy filet in Prime C, that never happened to me on any previous Azamara cruise. The buffet for breakfast was fine, Windows for lunch was not, looked like warmed over school cafeteria food. The evening stir fry's were missing Shrimp. Where oh where did the Shrimp go? (Royal Caribbeanized I think). Its too bad as Azamara

has so very much positive going for it.

I will post a detailed review in the reviews section when we return.

Hello All!!

I am sorry to keep you all hanging on! I have just spent the last 24 hours sleeping......my return flight on Asiana was beyond words amazing but the United experience LAX-ORD-YYZ and the arrival in LAX and subsequent 3 hour wait in customs (almost missed my flight) and run to the terminal almost KILLED me.

So give me a day to catch up and I am going to post a very lengthy review.

BTW - I did not share Schmidlapp's assesment of the food. I did find the food in Discoveries a little salty but I have reduced my salt intake and am now noticing that most food is over salted. The lamb was always a good choice. I ate in Prime C twice and always had a great meal. SA/UK had a meal in Prime C that did not measure up and Philip made sure that they had a "make up" dinner that did delight them. Aqualina was great. The lunches were fine.....I never ate the hot buffet but had wonderful salads and wraps and soup....the grill was good too. Everyone in my group was crazy for the ice cream.

More to come when I regain my wits!!!!! LOL

Of 79 cruises and many holidays ....this trip was the best - indeed the trip of a lifetime......I couldn't have had a better trip (well maybe if George Clooney had joined me) :eek: :D

Welcome back! And what a blast with you and Reg and Carol and Doug and Wendy and Rob and Tina and Lori and Jim.

Most fun???

Elephants, Tigers and Thai massages?

The sailaway parties?

Watching the coffin dodgers?

Doug's ice cream and butter habit?

Mekong Delta and the ride in the mule carts?

Walking thru traffic in Ho Chi Minh city?

Mountain climbing in Ko Samui?

Big Red?

Beer Thirty?

What until you see the videos. I am almost done editing the trip to the Elephant Camp in Kanchanburi Thailand. Amazing! Should be ready to post on Youtube tonight.

Ray and Cecilia Quinn

PS

South America next year???

hmmmmmm....it was all so much fun I dont know what to pick. OMG - I miss everyone!!!

Marble mountain trek

the railway song?

bbq lunch

every single meal?

Spa

Shopping!!!!!! :-)

Jan 21, 2012 - Star Princess.......around the horn!!!!!! Tiume for the motley crew to take on South America with the lovely Cecilia leading the onslaught!!!!

Also - how about a quick 10 days to Europe on July 10? Noordam. Time to join the Silver Family parteeeee!!!!!

I can't decided what was the best either, but I'm bringing cheek weights next time! I don't think I laughed that much since I was in Jr. High. Ray, did your legs ever go back together after that elephant ride? This was the best vacation we have ever had. The ship was wonderful, Phillip was a delight, the captain was great, much more out going than last time, even danced with Cindy! The food was fine, a little salty and the pasta needed work, but besides that everything was perfect, and if there was a problem it was taken care of asap!

We made new friends that will last a life time. Jim is still on the fence about "around the horn", so I might have to go solo with you! But Azamara ROCKS! I too will write a review when I get my desk cleared at work!

Lori

Archived