Tuamotus & Society Islands

AlmostMrsCooper

Congratulations on your marriage. I would suggest you go through the excursions offered by the ship and shortlist what you like .... diving, snorkelling, hiking etc and then ask about the ones you are interested in.

There are also some excursions offered by outside operators like Patrick in Bora Bora but you will need a group to do that to make it economical.

I have to wait until June for my trip so I envy you going earlier.

And I'm jealous of you both since I have nothing planned.

I agree with Emdee, have a look through the excursion lists and ask specific questions.

Don't miss the motu day at Taha'a, no need to pay for an excursion there. And if you like water and sand, do go to the Bora Bora motu when it's offered--it's also free.

You can book some of the same excursions offered by ship on your own for a lot less money -- and you do not need a group. One example is Tupuna Safari on Bora Bora. There are others. The ship builds a substantial profit into its tour prices. By going direct to the identical tour operator you can save as much as 50%!

I highly recommend Patrick on Bora Bora (who will take you to a private motu) and Bruno on Raitaia for which you will want to form a group. Easy to do on the roll call. We had a honeymoon couple with us in our group for both excursions and they had a ball with us old folk.

Congratulations also on your upcoming wedding. You might want to look at the roll call section where a number of people who are on this cruise have logged in. Looking forward to congratulating you in person on board PG.

The only snag booking on your own is that it seems difficult to get a group together before the cruise. There aren't enough PGers on CC. Also, I tried booking with a tour company for Huahine the other day and found that the ship had already booked his and other tours so that they weren't available on an independant basis. It's true though that the ship marks them way up. The independant price was $55 but now I am forced to book with the ship it will be $105. I suppose that is the snag going to tiny islands.

Jennifer

I just contacted him online www.maohinui.net based on what I read here. My husband was reluctant to spend that kind of money if it was just the 2 of us so when I read about the other 4, we did it. We signed up for the 3/4 day excursion. I am going to recontact everyone ahead of time to reconfirm. See you then!

Greetings:

My husband and I are on this cruise too. I have been in contact with Patrick the last couple of days. He has apparently filled one boat for the ¾ day March 21st trip but is willing to start filling another if a group of 6 (including the 2 of us) or more can be put together. If anyone is interested, please contact Patrick online (www.maohinui.net). I have posted this info on the PG roll call for the March 16th cruise as well.

Here’s hoping,

Andrea

Archived