Stuff I learned on the Miracle

serene56

Serene: I remember on a different post you mentioned being in one of the 8E's on the aft of the Empress Deck. We have 6264 on our cruise in 40+ days! Wondered if you had any problems, besides 'lack of sun' occasionally..

We'll be in DST when we sail, so that may make a difference.. :) Any suggestions will be appreciated..

Dan: I got desserts scanned over the weekend and should have those posted on webshots by tonight. Dinner menus have to be resized so we can read them on webshots. So lets say Dinner shoul dbe done by wed / thursday at the latest

Bless you;)

Late show commedian was always held in the Mad Hatter lounge. Why they did this is beyond me. If the show was at 11pm we arrived half hour before show time and there are no seats. Many many people were saving the whole row for their party. To have no seats available half hour before the show starts should tell Carnival this show should be put in the main showroom. We stood in the back for the commedian on two nights. the rest of the week we just didnt go to the shows held in Mad Hatter Lounge. This is the only complaint I had for my whole week.

There are two shows = Generations and Ticket to RIde.

Generations is on Mondy- 8:45 and 10:30 (its ok- I thought the girl needed singing lessons. It was a way to waste an hour.

Ticket to ride is on Friday 8:45 and 10:30 (it too was better then Generations)

Welome aboard show is on Sunday and it was nice- get you inthe mode for cruising and what you can expect. Dont worry if you miss it- it will be on tv.

In the dining room the first night you will be told what your dining room color will be. Dining room is broke down into three sections. Red white and blue. We were on the main floor to the right as you enter. We were the white team,. The tables to the left as you enter were Red. The dining room upstairs was white. Each team accruded points for particiapting in activities during the week. Each night after dessert the Marte de came on the speaker to let each team know how they were doing. On our week the white team won-after being in last place all week.

Movies that played for free for our week

Dr Doolittle, Taxi, The clearing, the king and I, Cellular, I <3 huckabees, Home alone, I, Robot, Code 46, Nine lives, Paparazzi,

Captains coctail party is on Monday- 4:45 for early dining and 7:00 for late dining.

There is a Lounge crawl on Monday night starts at 10pm with Karl with a "K" I wish I had an ounce of that kids stamina. He is always on the go. Lotso f people find it annoying. I can see him getting to be a cruise director some day. On 6 cruises and I have never seen a social host get their passengers involved the way Karl with a K did. Funny thing about Karl with a K- he was in training when we sailed the Victory in 2002. (he was very quiet then- nothing like he is now.

For people going on their first cruise- I suggest you go with the flow. THere is no way that you can get to do it all. Somedays tough decisions will have to be made on what to do. Relax- have fun and enjoy.

Thank you for all your insight. We are Miracle bound June 12. Our whole company is going. I have been dubbed "Julie". You are going to make me look so good thanks. Loved your pics on Webshot. R U going to post the Ruins in Belize? Should we go there or the ones in Costa Maya?

Because I wanted to see Majuahaul that is why we chose the ruins in belieze. For us there wasnt a lot of choices of excursions in Belize. Belize is a port that an excurion is a must-- or stay on the ship. We used the private vendor and feel we got more then our monies worth at the altun Ha ruins. We were there...and watched the bus from Carnival come and go. Our tour guide gave us a tour of his island enroute to the ruins. told us all about the ruins that we were seeing. Which was nice considering we didnt know what we were looking at. He wsa impressive in his knowledge. On the way back we stopped at a nice resturuant where they served this amazing chicken dish with rice and beans for 5 bucks. (I dont know if we stopped here coz the time of the tour was fabulous and we had time to kill by stopping at the pier to look at the stuff in the stores. (I thought the stufff was priced too high-- I mean 5 bucks for a small plastic magnet??

Serene: I remember on a different post you mentioned being in one of the 8E's on the aft of the Empress Deck. We have 6264 on our cruise in 40+ days! Wondered if you had any problems, besides 'lack of sun' occasionally..

We'll be in DST when we sail, so that may make a difference.. :) Any suggestions will be appreciated..

did you see the picture of your balcony I took?? http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/283578778xGRsek

Mario and his lady helper are your cabin steward-- he does the whole aft plus the port side for all his cabin duties. You will always see them in the hallways. I wonder if he remembers me-- He called my sherry and I was the lady with the picture of the ghost.

Some night--if you could-- go uup to the pool slide and take a picture. Tell me if you got the picture of the ghost there. lol

Thanks for all the great info. We are trying to decide what to do in each port--have never been to any of them. Want to snorkel some, but not each place. We've been to ruins in Tulum, but maybe interested in others. And we don't want to wear ourselves out, either. Any advice on things to avoid? Or "don't miss!" items?

thanks again!

Any advice on things to avoid?

Don't take the island tour at GC. Waste of time. It takes you to Hell (tourist trap/hole in the road), Rum Factory (only in the shop to purchase), Turtle Farm (this was interesting) and past several homes.

I've heard the catamaran and snorkel tour in Cozumel is pretty good.

Thanks for all the great info. We are trying to decide what to do in each port--have never been to any of them. Want to snorkel some, but not each place. We've been to ruins in Tulum, but maybe interested in others. And we don't want to wear ourselves out, either. Any advice on things to avoid? Or "don't miss!" items?

thanks again!

Paradise Beach in Cozumel was awesome - we're going back next year when we sail on the Miracle again. Were going to return to Chankanaab, which we also liked, but Paradise Beach was beautiful, clean and for only $5 each, you had full use of their snorkel equipment, kayaks, the rock climbing igloo in the water and water trampoline. There is also a good restaurant and bar there, chairs and umbrellas. Taxi from the ship costs $12 I believe (total) each way. We love Cemetery Reef Beach in Grand Cayman - no crowds, but no facilities either - quiet unspoiled beach - about a $5 pp taxi fare each way. We did the Snark/Ray Alley excursion through Coral Breeze in Belize (was unbelievable-highly recommend it) - we'll try the cave tubing next year, since we heard great reviews about that, too; and Mahahual in Costa Maya was real nice (even after the long lines for the taxis). Any more questions, feel free to ask! :)

Archived