Help! Hotels in Miami before my cruise wedding

tonijmccann

I'm getting married on the Carnival Liberty on April 9th (departure day). Myself and my family and friends are flying down on the 8th and need somewhere to stay before the cruise. We need somewhere cheap. I'd also really prefer if they had a salon where I could get my hair and make up done the morning before my wedding, or a salon very close by. Also would prefer if they had a shuttle we could take to the ship.

Any recommendations?

Forget about free shuttles - a taxi to POM from any downtown Miami hotel will only run $10-12 (for the cab, not per person).

Look into the Hyatt in downtown Miami - I was at a convention there a couple of years ago and they should have the salon/spa you are looking for. ;) Other options are the Marriott and Doubletree, both on Biscayne Blvd near POM, or the Intercontinental. Call the hotels to confirm they can meet your salon requirements -- balding guys like me don't spend much time investigating salons in hotels. :rolleyes:

What's your definiiton of cheap? :confused: Are you flying into MIA (a 15 minute cab ride away from POM) or FLL (a 40+ minute shuttle ride away)?

Good luck! :)

Try going to lastminutetravel dot com. We booked the Intercontinental Miami which is in downtown and a 5 star hotel right on the bay. You can see the cruise ship right out your window when you wake up. It's a short walk to Bayside Marketplace for places to eat and a CVS is right across the street for last minute items. We loved this hotel when we stayed in December and it gets a lot of great reviews. For April 8th it is coming up as $171 per night which is still good for this hotel. Here's the details. Just check on five stars after you put in the date and it will be the first hotel that pops up. If you look at their website this room runs $380 to $408 per night so it's quite a deal. They definitely have a full service salon available.

5 star accommodations

Close proximity to business district

Close proximity to shopping district

Elegant design and décor

Great combination for business and pleasure

Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place

Conveniently located in Biscayne Bay

Hotel within walking distance of Miami Business District

Local Attractions

South Beach - 5 miles

Vizcaya Museum & Gardens - 2.5 miles

Miami Seaquarium - 2.75 miles

Miami Beach - 3 miles

Recreation

Fully equipped fitness center

Outdoor swimming pool

Kids

Babysitting services at nominal fees

Restaurants & Lounges

Onsite restaurant

Full service bar/lounge

Services

24 hr front desk service

Concierge services

Business services available at front desk

Elevators

Valet dry cleaning and laundry services

Full service salon/spa

24 hour room service

Meeting Facilities

Fully equipped business center

30 Event facilities

66,000 –sq ft of event space for business meetings, conferences , and special occasions

Accommodation

34 floors

Luxury guest rooms

Elegant guest rooms

Air conditioning

Cable/satellite television channels

Pay movies

Desk

Hair dryer

Internet access (surcharge)

Voice mail

644 guestrooms

Parking

On site parking available

Parking fee: $34

Forget about free shuttles - a taxi to POM from any downtown Miami hotel will only run $10-12 (for the cab, not per person).

Look into the Hyatt in downtown Miami - I was at a convention there a couple of years ago and they should have the salon/spa you are looking for. ;) Other options are the Marriott and Doubletree, both on Biscayne Blvd near POM, or the Intercontinental. Call the hotels to confirm they can meet your salon requirements -- balding guys like me don't spend much time investigating salons in hotels. :rolleyes:

What's your definiiton of cheap? :confused: Are you flying into MIA (a 15 minute cab ride away from POM) or FLL (a 40+ minute shuttle ride away)?

Good luck! :)

The Hyatt in downtown Miami does not have a hair salon. I know because I was recently there. The concierge at the Hyatt told us that the closest salon was at Bayside.

Archived