A258 or B518?

stewabj

We are cruising in March on Crown Princess and are trying to decide between these two cabins. A258 is near the front of the ship and up one level from B518. But B518 is mid-ship. Both are category BD so cost is the same. We have never cruised before so we're unsure about if we'll be affected by motion sickness. Which room would be a better choice for a family of 3 including a teenager? Are the balconies the same size and privacy level for both Aloha and Baja decks? Any help will be appreciated. :)

We are cruising in March on Crown Princess and are trying to decide between these two cabins. A258 is near the front of the ship and up one level from B518. But B518 is mid-ship. Both are category BD so cost is the same. We have never cruised before so we're unsure about if we'll be affected by motion sickness. Which room would be a better choice for a family of 3 including a teenager? Are the balconies the same size and privacy level for both Aloha and Baja decks? Any help will be appreciated. :)
The cabins and balconies are exactly the same and they are somewhat private in that they are covered. However, anyone in a cabin below can look up and into your balcony due to the tiered design of the ship so it's not very private. I'd go with B518 because it's mid-ship and more convenient to everything. If you're at the front of the ship, it's a very long walk to the opposite end of the ship and the buffet.

If you're concerned about motion sickness, the lower the deck and mid-ship, the less motion. You'll feel quite a bit of motion whether you're on Aloha or Baja deck as you're higher up although there will be slightly less motion in B518 as you're mid-ship.

Thanks Pam!

I hope you have a fabulous time on your Mexican Riviera cruise that starts tomorrow.

Yeah, Pam, shouldn't you be packing?! Bon voyage!

Oh, and stew, I'd take B518, too!

Thanks. My bag is packed, I'm ready to go. The beauty of being able to drive to the pier is that I can sleep late, do last-minute stuff, be picked up at about 11am and in my cabin (probably) before 12:30pm.

I don't think that it is fair for you to be away while I am getting ready for my Panama Canal cruise on the 29th of this month. I always have some questions as I get close to my trip...and you always have great answers!

Seriously, have a wonderful time!

The cabins and balconies are exactly the same and they are somewhat private in that they are covered. However, anyone in a cabin below can look up and into your balcony due to the tiered design of the ship so it's not very private. I'd go with B518 because it's mid-ship and more convenient to everything. If you're at the front of the ship, it's a very long walk to the opposite end of the ship and the buffet.

If you're concerned about motion sickness, the lower the deck and mid-ship, the less motion. You'll feel quite a bit of motion whether you're on Aloha or Baja deck as you're higher up although there will be slightly less motion in B518 as you're mid-ship.

Another informative post by Pam that says it all. :)

Have a great 10 days to Mexico...hope you enjoy your cruise & some time away from helping so many of us on CC. :D

We were considering the same cruise next January but with the Sapphire in drydock that won't be an option. :(

Thanks! It's going to be very relaxing, and warm. I don't have any tours planned. Nothing. Nada. (Of course, I'm doing essentially the same cruise in April with a friend who'll want to do everything. :) ) Bringing lots of books. I might even slip onto CC every now and then.

Thanks. My bag is packed, I'm ready to go. The beauty of being able to drive to the pier is that I can sleep late, do last-minute stuff, be picked up at about 11am and in my cabin (probably) before 12:30pm.

Bon Voyage and enjoy your self. Keep us updated. I still have about 3 weeks before I depart.

Archived