excursion recommendations for W. Caribbean Carnival Dream

HarperSays

Hi all,

We are traveling with some other folks who will only do ship sponsored excursions. We will be on the Carnival Dream May 14 going to Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. Does anyone have recommendations for a zip line or snorkeling excursion through Carnival that they enjoyed or would recommend? DH and I usually do private excursions.

We've snorkeled in Belize before but with Coral Breeze. And we've never zip lined. We're just wondering which ports have the best snorkeling and zip lining.

Thanks!

Hi! I've heard the best bet would be to snorkel in Roatan and zipline in Cozumel. A friend of ours did zip lining in Cozumel when we were on the Inspiration, and he said it was AWESOME!

In Roatan, we did a private tour with Rony Bennett, so I can't say much on the Carnival-sponsored excursions, but the water in Roatan is gorgeous and I think you can snorkle at the beach where the ship docks. Also, there IS a place called "clip-n-zip" in Mahagony Bay if you'd rather zip in Roatan. Heck, you'd probably have time to do both!

Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise!

We just came back from the Dream, and did Clip N Zip in Roatan. It is immediately outside the port area - very walkable and safe. I have zipped on other islands, and let me tell you - I was amazed at the safety features they had here. This was one of the first places that had double side safety cables besides the ones that you are hooked onto from above. They also had a safety brake (wood block) to stop those who "forgot" to brake. We had 9 people in our group, and they gave us 4 guides, who were fantastic. There are 11 lines - some really cool ones. The guides even tandomed with some of the smaller kids on some of the harder/faster zips. It cost $40, and we tipped them nicely, as we had such a good time. It lasted about 2 hours, and it also gave us time to go to Mahogony Beach. We usually only do CCL excursions, but this one was a no-brainer. They have a great web-site - and the owner (Eric) actually called me here in the U.S. after I made the reservation online as I have a special needs dd, and was worried about her zipping alone. (she had no problems!)

We also did Clip n' Zip in Roatan and loved it! My only complaint was when I was alone on a platform with one guide who continually harassed me for a big tip since they were hurrying us along so we didn't miss the ship, but we are planning on doing this again on our March Dream Cruise.

We also did Clip n' Zip in Roatan and loved it! My only complaint was when I was alone on a platform with one guide who continually harassed me for a big tip since they were hurrying us along so we didn't miss the ship, but we are planning on doing this again on our March Dream Cruise.

Our guides never mentioned a tip. I happened to notice the tip box at the end - had money ready to hand over to them, anyway. We got to Clip and Zip at 10, (had made a reservation in advance) and there was no one in front of us. By the time we left at 12:15, the place was beyond jammed! I would suggest getting there early, then enjoying the beach for the rest of the time in Roatan.

Archived