Once you Go Allure/Oasis can you ever go back?

You know the saying......But I'm just wondering those that sailed Oasis and Allure and loved it, how you go back to the other class ships. What do you miss that you can't find on the others. I went on the navigator after the Allure and there were so many things I missed. I think the biggest is entertainment. What a difference. The shows on the Allure were so incredible. Blue Planet, what can top that on a cruise ship? We've always enjoyed the prominade so we weren't totally lost on the Navigator, but since we live in south florida we often jumped on the Majesty. I can't imagine getting back on her. I'm sure I will and of course will remember what does bring me back on her over an dover. I just want to say, its hard and I wish I could said the Allure or Oasis every single month. I really enjoy the central park balcony stateroom too. Oh I know, I do believe I like the Viking Crown Lounge on the Majesty more than on the Allure.

Thank God I love crusing. But I must say I am so hooked on the Oasis class that we've already going back next month.

We took two cruises this December, Oasis was fantastic, we really enjoyed it met all our expectations.

Then we went on the Monarch, New Years Eve, we enjoyed that cruise, while it didn't have the WOW factor, the cabin was tiny, we enjoyed wonderful service.

We enjoyed the fact everything was so easy to get to. Enjoyed the Main Dining Room experience. The TV while not interactive had movies for free that just left the movie theater. We had a great time on both cruises.

Our next cruise is on the Liberty.

We are probably in the minority but we so disliked the Oasis that we took a break from cruising. We just booked the Solstice a couple of days ago for the second time. If we did not travel with teenagers we would stick to Celebrity Solstice class ships-love love love them.

we too are in the minority I guess as I couldn't wait to get back on a Radiance Class after Allure. Not that we didn't enjoy the cruise,it was great, it's just that class of ship isn't for us.

^ Agreed (well, one of the two of us agrees!). DH loved Oasis and would cruise again; I did not love Oasis and will not go back. We have sinced cruised Mariner and oh, it was like "coming home"!! Phenominal. We look forward to Brilliance in 6 months.

Just got off the Allure and I felt tired instead of relaxed because I put so much pressure on myself to do and enjoy everything. I think I would like the slower pace of one of the smaller ships were I can sit somewhere, enjoy a good book and listen to the ocean. I was on the Grandeur two years ago, and the Oasis last year and I think the best service that I received was on the Grandeur. It seemed like everyone went out of their way to go above and beyond on the Grandeur. I remember my cabin attendent saying he always returned to the Grandeur that he didn't like working on the bigger ships.

we too are in the minority I guess as I couldn't wait to get back on a Radiance Class after Allure. Not that we didn't enjoy the cruise,it was great, it's just that class of ship isn't for us.

While we have not done a "monster" ship, the Mariner is really too big for us. We also LOVE the Radiance class and Monarch is Home to us. So, if we ever do go on it, yes, I think we can go back. We once booked a GS and though we could never go back to balconies or ocean views, but we did.

We are probably in the minority but we so disliked the Oasis that we took a break from cruising. We just booked the Solstice a couple of days ago for the second time. If we did not travel with teenagers we would stick to Celebrity Solstice class ships-love love love them.

What did you find so off-putting on Oasis that you disliked it?

I'm with the OP...not sure if I will enjoy any of the smaller class ships any more. Our last two cruises have been on NCL's Epic and the Oasis. These ships have the best entertainment at sea, IMHO and I'm looking forward to cruising on Allure to see what she has in store for us. I also love all the alternative dining venues these ships offer. I realize these large ships are not for everyone but they certainly are for me and DH.

Just got off the Allure and I felt tired instead of relaxed because I put so much pressure on myself to do and enjoy everything. I think I would like the slower pace of one of the smaller ships were I can sit somewhere, enjoy a good book and listen to the ocean. I was on the Grandeur two years ago, and the Oasis last year and I think the best service that I received was on the Grandeur. It seemed like everyone went out of their way to go above and beyond on the Grandeur. I remember my cabin attendant saying he always returned to the Grandeur that he didn't like working on the bigger ships.

The cure for that problem is to go back on the ship another time. Maybe then you could have a more relaxed vacation because you have already seen what she has to offer.

I am with the others, could care less if I ever go back on Oasis class. Loved my cruise and the people I was with but the ship did not make that anymore enjoyable than the Navigator would have. As for entertainment I agree Oasis/Allure are top notch, for me those are not the priority. I prefer better ports, Portofinos, and a less of a mall feel. The NOS is my favorite ship thus far, of all the extra features on Allure very few of them made a matter to me. Ex. Hot Dogs & Britto Store. I did like the Rising Tide bar but still found myself in Schooner/Blaze the most as with any other cruise. This is why so many love RCCL it is all up to you as what ship class you find the best fit.

After reading this thread I now know I am not alone. So many raved and raved rebooked and are counting down to thier return and I am just not one of them.

Happy sails with what ever you choose,

Patty

I still choose my cruises on the ports listed. I don't care how good a ship is, if the ports are not good, I will NEVER sail on it. Sorry, but I do NOT go on the cruise for the ship. The Oasis must be quite a ship, but not worth the long haul to Florida to just see a ship. Perhaps one day I will find a reason to ride her and I am sure it will be fun.

I thought the same years ago when our first cruise was aboard the SS Norway. Since then, we've cruised much smaller ships and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Each ship has its own personality. Just being at sea is enough of an attraction for us. ;)

Do you think it is about our age and what we are needing at this time in our lives. Right now...I need a ship with a lot to do since I have elementary and high school kids.

I think once we are cruising without our kids ... we may want to slow it down and look for a "different" cruise? I cant see us doing that now at all...but I imagine we will hit that point!

We cruised Liberty then went on Valor. I felt that was a step down for us and we really missed RC. This year we are booked on Allure and I am thrilled to get back on RC. We enjoyed our cruise on Carnival...but the kids didnt enjoy it nearly as much as RC.

My parents took an Alaskan cruise on Celebrity...and what a difference. BUT...that is what they would expect. They did receive a very high level of service and food. I cant imagine they would want to run around ice skating and climbing rock walls. ;)

As I have posted in other threads. If I am doing a standard eastern/western Caribbean itinerary, it will be on an Oasis class ship as the ports do not matter to me. The ship does and IMHO this class ship suits my tastes much better. We were a little bored on the Freedom back in August. The entertainment was a let down after two trips on Oasis.

If I'm going for the ports then the ship is less important.

I thought the same years ago when our first cruise was aboard the SS Norway. Since then, we've cruised much smaller ships and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Each ship has its own personality. Just being at sea is enough of an attraction for us. ;)

I agree with you Steve, each ship does have it's own personality and for us that's what make a cruise. Our first cruise was also on the Norway; what a great ship!:)

My wife and I fell in love with Radiance-class ships when we were on our honeymoon (Brilliance / 2002, Circle the Carib). We've also been on Voyageur and Freedom Class, and really enjoy those as well.

From a curiosity standpoint, we want to eventually cruise on either Oasir or Allure, but are holding off at this point ... for no other reason that the prices those ships are commanding are higher than we wish to pay at this stage. Let the fares come down to something more "reasonable" (yeah, I don't know how to define "reasonable" at this point) and then we'll reconsider.

Michael

We loved Allure and have Oasis booked for 2012, but this year we are doing a B2B on Serenade. We love all the ships for different reasons so will cruise the ship that gets us what we are looking for with that particular trip. We love the Southern Caribbean so take Serenade. Plus we love the Radiance Class ships and even like our little 3 night getaways on Majesty.

Every ship offers something different, so we will continue to sail on all the classes that Royal offers

I clicked on this thread mainly out of of curisosity as we have no desire to sail those ships , the Voyager class are big enough for us and we also sail for ports. Found the responses quite interesting.

They may be great for familys with kids , and I have no idea as we have not been on them and as the other person said unless the price came way down I will never be on one. I just figured this thread would be a RAH RAH of how wonderful it was . Kind of surprised.

We´ve switched from the Oasis to the Majesty in May! Actually the main thing for me was that the crowd on a short trip is way more party (and more first timers). The CD started out the first nights show with "Hey Baby". Sorry, not my type of entertainment. But shipwise it was totally o.k. for me.

steamboats

The cure for that problem is to go back on the ship another time. Maybe then you could have a more relaxed vacation because you have already seen what she has to offer.

Mmm, sorry - disagree with you here. Since I have already been on Oasis and did not LOVE LOVE LOVE it for various reasons, another cruise aboard this class would do nothing positive for me. Sorry. Please understand that there are just some of us who have sailed and simply would not again. I suppose we might be in the minority, but so be it. :)

Sailing Oasis has not spoiled us from sailing other ships, even other lines. :)

We loved our Oasis cruise, and we are booked on Allure for next year, but I don't want to do the same ship over and over. I like variety in ports, ships and cruise lines.

We went on the Oasis last August. Both my boys absolutely loved it (ages 6 & 13) and wanted to do the Allure this year. But as much as I enjoyed the Oasis myself, I wanted to do something different for our next cruise. Without making to drastic a change from a HUGE ship to a much smaller ship, I compromised and book our next trip on the Freedom. I'm hoping we have a great a time on this ship as we did on the Oasis. I'm being Optimistic! :)

Freedom class is amazing! You will love it. It still has the Flow Rider (just one!) for your kids.

Thanks so much! I'm sure it will be just as amazing. :D I hear there making some great upgrades to the Freedom, similar to the ones on the Oasis, by the time we cruise too. Can't wait!

Archived