Emerald Princess: R747 vs A747

Josie2

We have Aloha747 booked on the Emerald. The balcony appears larger on the deck plan - is it really? Any views on this cabin?

We originally booked R747 directly above, but then I remembered from two years ago, we had a room under the restaurant/buffet and I said never again, when noise started at 4:30 in the a.m. Also, the terrace Pool is right outside so there might be alot of traffic in and out the door there - though the idea of running out to the pool from my room was appealing.

Josie2

We booked A747 for our December cruise on the Crown without realizing where it was & how big the balcony was. WOW what a surprise - the balcony is much bigger than a regular balcny & the cabin sits along the side of the ship. No cabins were above or below us. We loved it so much we booked it again on the Emerald for our 10 Days cruise in October!:D

• 7 years later...
We have Aloha747 booked on the Emerald. The balcony appears larger on the deck plan - is it really? Any views on this cabin?

We originally booked R747 directly above, but then I remembered from two years ago, we had a room under the restaurant/buffet and I said never again, when noise started at 4:30 in the a.m. Also, the terrace Pool is right outside so there might be alot of traffic in and out the door there - though the idea of running out to the pool from my room was appealing.

Josie2

We have A747 on the Emerald for a 15 day cruise to Hawaii in December 2018. Just asking for opinions, pictures, etc. if you have any. Thanks

We have A747 on the Emerald for a 15 day cruise to Hawaii in December 2018. Just asking for opinions, pictures, etc. if you have any. Thanks

If you do a search for "a747" here on the Princess board. (search forum tab upper right main Princess page) there are many threads and photos.

The cabin is similar on numerous Princess ships.

Also do a google search for A747/aloha747/Emerald Princess a747 etc.

Lots of photos etc.