Barcelona Through Strait of Gibraltar

Edny57

We will be cruising from Barcelona through the Strait of Gibraltar (no port stops until after the Strait) . I was hoping someone might know approximately what time of day (daylight ,night) we would be passing through the Strait. Hoping to see the Pillars of Hercules.

We will be cruising from Barcelona through the Strait of Gibraltar (no port stops until after the Strait) . I was hoping someone might know approximately what time of day (daylight ,night) we would be passing through the Strait. Hoping to see the Pillars of Hercules.

Which ship/sailing are you on? It really depends on when/where you previous port stop was. Our last cruise we went through at about 3am.

• 2 weeks later...

normally, if you are going through in daylight hours, your itinerary will say something like 'cruising the strait of Gibralter.

They normally announce the anticipated times well before the day onboard.

normally, if you are going through in daylight hours, your itinerary will say something like 'cruising the strait of Gibralter.

They normally announce the anticipated times well before the day onboard.

Thank you. My guess is during the night since it is not listed in the intinerary.

the captain will announce it the day before.

At night, you can't see a lot. We went through at 3:30 am last time and I can honestly say we didnt' stay up to see it.

Have a day time passage this time. You can judge best once you hear wht time they will pass by.

Archived