Galapagos on The Beagle - 2 week itinerary blog

parischris

Went to your blog saw some great photos, but none were of the Galapagos. Maybe I did something wrong. I clicked on December 2010, but found nothing of the Islands.

Thanks,

Thanks for letting me know. For whatever strange reason (maybe because I finished posting the blog in January), they are actually filed under January 2011!

Cheers

Fantastic Galapagos photos. Brings back memories of my trip.

Question for you....the photos from the other trip you took...from La Paz and into Chile....did you do that on your own or with a tour company? Looks like the type of trip my husband and I would love to take

And I'm curious what camera you are using. The pictures are great.

Fantastic Galapagos photos. Brings back memories of my trip.

Question for you....the photos from the other trip you took...from La Paz and into Chile....did you do that on your own or with a tour company? Looks like the type of trip my husband and I would love to take

And I'm curious what camera you are using. The pictures are great.

I organised a cust made tour from La Paz to San Pedro with Transturin, a local Bolivian company. That took me by bus to Oruro, train to Uyuni, and then a private 4WD with driver and guide over 4 days to the Bolivian border. The same company sent a van to the Bolivian border to take me down into San Pedro de Atacama in Chile.

In San Pedro, I stayed at Awasi for the 2nd time, so we threw away the standard set of outings and designed 4 days of activities with my guide to more remote places than usual, which was also assisted by being acclimated to the altitude in Bolivia.

Cameras are a 5D Mark II with 24-105 lens for landscapes, and a Canon 7D with 100-400 lens for wildlife. Good weight bearing exercise :-), and why I need a 4WD to myself. I saw the group approach to travel in Bolivia (6 people in a 4WD plus guide and driver) and was very glad that I'd coughed up the extra dough!

Cheers

I organised a cust made tour from La Paz to San Pedro with Transturin, a local Bolivian company. That took me by bus to Oruro, train to Uyuni, and then a private 4WD with driver and guide over 4 days to the Bolivian border. The same company sent a van to the Bolivian border to take me down into San Pedro de Atacama in Chile.

In San Pedro, I stayed at Awasi for the 2nd time, so we threw away the standard set of outings and designed 4 days of activities with my guide to more remote places than usual, which was also assisted by being acclimated to the altitude in Bolivia.

Cameras are a 5D Mark II with 24-105 lens for landscapes, and a Canon 7D with 100-400 lens for wildlife. Good weight bearing exercise :-), and why I need a 4WD to myself. I saw the group approach to travel in Bolivia (6 people in a 4WD plus guide and driver) and was very glad that I'd coughed up the extra dough!

Cheers

Thanks for the info...I'm going to have to look into this.

Archived