Scheduling float plane tour

Mare10

I'm trying to reserve a tour of Misty Fjords. After reading so many wonderful reviews on this site about Michelle with Island Wings that's what we're trying to book.

My concern is that the ship arrives in Ketchikan at 7am and the tour is 8-10 am. Is this plenty of time to dock and get to the tour?

This is our first cruise and first time in Alaska.

Thanks in advance!

Island Wings picks up at the "Liquid Sunshine Gauge" by the Visitor's Center at the docks. Some ships will be right there and the other docks are not all that far away. You shouldn't have any problem. I've flown with Michelle twice - a fabulous excursion!

Based on very positive comments on this board, we have a Misty Fiords trip planned for this July. If Michelle or Shona thought there might be a problem, they will tell you. I have had great communications with them so far.

Have fun

Thank you all for reassuring me! I'm excited because I called Shona tonight and booked the tour with Island Wings. She also explained that we'll have plenty of time to get there.

Now I need to start researching whale watching and the train in Skagway.

Being it's our first cruise I don't want us "scheduled" too much. But, I want to make sure we have a few wonderful excursions as well.

It looks like the whale watching recommendations are Harv & Marv or Orca.

As for the train in Skagway I'm not sure if we should book independent or through the cruise lines.

Any opinions would be most appreciated!!!!

That was the one I was leaning toward as well. I'm so confused about which side of the train and bus to sit on after reading all the posts. Did you get that?

It is simple- IF leaving on the train FROM Skagway, sit on the left, going TOWARD Skagway, sit on the right. Opposite for the road transit.

Just figure out WHAT tour you want. I highly recommend Chilkoot, I went on the Lake Bennett trip last year. They do a superb job.

Thanks Budget Queen! I've been reading posts on here for a few months now and always learn from yours. There was some string that was going back and forth on which side of the train to sit on and I got lost! I'll save your message and stick with that.

This weekend I hope to get this train trip reserved. We can't afford to be cruising often so I want to make sure we make the best decisions we can on this one.

Celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and me being cancer free for a year now!

Marilyn :)

Flew with Michelle back in 2008 and it was GREAT.

I sat in the front seat with her and I'm deathly afraid of heights/flying. We take off and I look over at her out of the corner of my eye and see she's sitting there looking at her phone/texts as we're climbing right towards the mountains..... Knowing me I was a little nervous....but no worry, she knew exactly what she was doing. You'll love your trip and time with her...

Archived