Priceline

jtdlmc

Has anyone had an experience with having more than two people in a room? I wonder if certain hotels will accept special requests if you call after you have won the bid?

I am especially curious about Chase Suites and Hyatt Regency in Tampa. Chase Suites, I believe, has a pull out sofa in every suite so they should all be able to accommodate four people, but do they charge an extra per person fee over two people? I wonder if calling after the win would secure a room with two beds at the Hyatt?

Has anyone had an experience with having more than two people in a room? I wonder if certain hotels will accept special requests if you call after you have won the bid?

I am especially curious about Chase Suites and Hyatt Regency in Tampa. Chase Suites, I believe, has a pull out sofa in every suite so they should all be able to accommodate four people, but do they charge an extra per person fee over two people? I wonder if calling after the win would secure a room with two beds at the Hyatt?

Don't do it. Twice I've been checking into a hotel where management could not allow the people to put more than two in a room (fire code for insurance) and had to upgrade at full rack rate.

People will tell you they've done this many times with great success but when you are at the front desk, and can't get the beds you need, where will these people be?

Lastly, you have no guarantees that you will get the hotel you want or everyone else is getting off priceline. Inventory and hotels change all the time.

I'm telling you this with a twenty year background in hotel management.

Do not try and put more than two in a room. Book two rooms.

You might want to book thru Hotwire instead. There, you are able to book for 4 in a room. As blue herons said, There is no guarantee you will be able to get 4 in any PL room.

My sister tried it ( against my rec) and ended up booking a second room at rack rate for her 2 kids. Cost her much more for those two rooms than if they would have booked two PL rooms from the get go.

You will be told by some, just to REQUEST a room with two beds thru the hotel after "winning" the PL room. But if the hotel needs the two bed room for a full paying guest, guess who ends up with it? Persoanlly, I don't like taking chances after a long flight. Are you a gambler?

You can't really make a request. I've tried my last 2 times with Priceline and cruising. The first time it was me and my mom cruising and we wanted 2 beds. But they couldn't make request and we got stuck sleeping together in a king. :( We made the best of it. This was at the Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale.

The second time in Orlando it was just me in a room and I wanted a king bed. Once again, denied. They couldn't get me into a king bed. And this was at the Marriot Safari in Orlando.

I may just have bad luck though.

I have had bad luck getting a room with 2 beds when I have used Priceline even though I call and request it after my winning bid. This has happened to me 5 times. Now if we need 2 beds I just will not take the chance with Priceline.

I've only used Priceline once and it was my daughter and I staying at the hotel. I booked it on Priceline in the hotel parking lot (I researched enough beforehand to be quite certain of getting that specific hotel) and then went to the desk! When we went up to the room it was only one bed but I went down and asked if they had any rooms with two beds and they switched us. I'm pretty lucky with correctly determining which hotel is offered on hotwire - I have booked at least 10-15 hotels and always got the one I suspected. With Tampa there are only two downtown hotels listed on Hotwire and they are pretty pricey - $180 and $170 - yet I see on the Priceline forums people are getting them for $50.

I think I will hold off and maybe bid for two rooms or just stay at Holiday Inn Rocky Point.

Archived