Updating savings certificates?

Does anyone know when they will post the new savings certificates on the RCL website? The ones that are there now have an expiration date of 12/31/10.

I don't usually look at these because DH and I always book a balcony cabin and our C&A discount is bigger than the SC, but I'm looking for a friend who is booked on the Explorer for October in an oceanview.

It appears that the ones listed on the site are the new ones, but someone dropped the ball and forgot to change the expiration date on the website.

I do believe my cat is more tech-savvy than the folks at RCL. They can't even date things properly, let alone set up a user friendly website!

I do believe my cat is more tech-savvy than the folks at RCL. They can't even date things properly, let alone set up a user friendly website!

They used to send thank you letters a few weeks after cruising. The letter would have a couple of coupons on them. There was usually a two month time frame to use the coupons.

Then they started sending a thank you email. This was followed a few weeks later with the letter, with the coupons.

Today, I got a thank you e-mail, and it had the coupons on the e-mail. The e-mail said hurry to take advantage of the limited time offer. But unlike the snail mail coupons, the e-mail ones do not have a time frame for using them. How does that make it a limited time offer?:confused:

Does anyone know when they will post the new savings certificates on the RCL website? The ones that are there now have an expiration date of 12/31/10.

I don't usually look at these because DH and I always book a balcony cabin and our C&A discount is bigger than the SC, but I'm looking for a friend who is booked on the Explorer for October in an oceanview.

Emily,

I just used one for our December 4, 2011 Freedom and was able to combine it with my C&A discount. $400 total off the room

Today, I got a thank you e-mail, and it had the coupons on the e-mail. The e-mail said hurry to take advantage of the limited time offer. But unlike the snail mail coupons, the e-mail ones do not have a time frame for using them. How does that make it a limited time offer?:confused:

I think they are beginning to pick and choose who they give them to.

DH and I were on the Liberty 10/31-11/7.

We went on Majesty 12/24-12/27.

My mom accompanied us on the Majesty. She received an email today with coupon offers (she is Gold BTW). I haven't received an email or snailmail with coupons for either cruise I went on recently. And yes, they have the correct email address on file.

My mom accompanied us on the Majesty. She received an email today with coupon offers (she is Gold BTW). I haven't received an email or snailmail with coupons for either cruise I went on recently. And yes, they have the correct email address on file.

The snail mail one we got last week was for the Navigator on 11/15.

The e-mail was for the Jewel on 12/3.

But I also got one last week for an Oasis cruise we did not take in August, and there is nobody living here named Robert.:confused:

The marketing department somehow chooses who gets them. Not given to all.

Interesting- the marketing department chose me 3 other times in the last year when I had multiple future cruises booked.

Now that I only have 1 cruise booked, one year out, they don't choose me?? Not a good marketing plan there. :rolleyes:

Interesting- the marketing department chose me 3 other times in the last year when I had multiple future cruises booked.

Now that I only have 1 cruise booked, one year out, they don't choose me?? Not a good marketing plan there. :rolleyes:

It's the same marketing department that two days before our next cruise, e-mails me a 10% off spa treatments on day one.

Problem is they are always (5 different times) for the Liberty of the seas. And that is usually not the ship we are going on.

Majesty sailors seem to be targeted - maybe....

I received the snail mail coupons dated December 2, 2010, for my September 2010, Majesty sailing. Today, I received an email thanking me for my December sailing on the Majesty with no coupons attached.

Archived