ThirstyFrog Red-New Carnival Beer

Lydia B.

Just read today in current issue of Food & Wine Magazine that Carnival Magic is going to offer a new Carnival brewed beer, ThirstyFrog Red. Had anyone seen this on other Carnival ships yet? I was just curious, thanks, Lydia

Just read today in current issue of Food & Wine Magazine that Carnival Magic is going to offer a new Carnival brewed beer, ThirstyFrog Red. Had anyone seen this on other Carnival ships yet? I was just curious, thanks, Lydia

Nope... it's a craft brew to be offered in the Red Frog Pub on the Carnival Magic...

:)

With a name like that, it must be good. :cool:

I wish they would start carrying Kalik the Bahamian Beer on all ship!!!!!

Probably not gonna happen. Storage is a huge issue on board and those items that sell best get the space... Don't think Kalik would have that big of a market.

Good news, however, the ships are getting a draught system installed!

Probably not gonna happen. Storage is a huge issue on board and those items that sell best get the space... Don't think Kalik would have that big of a market.

Good news, however, the ships are getting a draught system installed!

That's fantastic! I hope they keep getting closer to a brew pub concept!

We sail the Carnival Magic in October and will spend a fair amount of time in the RedFrog Pub on Promenade (Deck 5). ;)

No smoking in Red Frog as it will have food per Heald.

The deck plans indicate a door from the Red Frog to Promanade and the artistic videos show outdoor seating. Unfortunately that side of the ship is smoking, so it is probably both, albeit the smoking section outside. If you are seated near the door, there may be a cloud invasion every time the door opens. :mad:

• 7 months later...

Well hate to bust you bubbles, this beer is a contract beer made by Budweiser. Doesn't make it a bad beer. Many companies have large and small breweries manufacture beer cause they lack the facilities. I'm looking forward to trying this beer and pleased that Carnival is stepping up. The world needs more beer! ;)

• 5 months later...

Tis question may have been answered already, sorry, I'm new here. Not usually a beer drinker but had this beer on the Spirit on the holiday Mexican Riviera cruise and want to buy it at home! Is it so exclusive to Carnival that I can only get it on a cruise? It doesn't hurt to ask!

Thanks.

Tis question may have been answered already, sorry, I'm new here. Not usually a beer drinker but had this beer on the Spirit on the holiday Mexican Riviera cruise and want to buy it at home! Is it so exclusive to Carnival that I can only get it on a cruise? It doesn't hurt to ask!

Thanks.

Private label made for Carnival, so only on a Carnival cruise.

DSC_6959.JPG

DSC_2927.JPG

I was so excited to try Thirstyfrog when we boarded the Splendor in Dec. Went into the sports bar and ordered 2 in the souvenir glasses and took a couple of drinks and dumped it did not care for it at all.

I was so excited to try Thirstyfrog when we boarded the Splendor in Dec. Went into the sports bar and ordered 2 in the souvenir glasses and took a couple of drinks and dumped it did not care for it at all.

While I didn't dump mine I won't be ordering another. Too "grainy" tasting for me, reminds me of St. Arnold's from Houston. I'll stick to the hard stuff on a cruise...

While I didn't dump mine I won't be ordering another. Too "grainy" tasting for me, reminds me of St. Arnold's from Houston. I'll stick to the hard stuff on a cruise...

Not everyone likes the maltiness of craft brews. I loved St Arnold's when I lived in Houston:) Their LawnMower Ale was great in the summer. Houston's water is perfect for the types of brews they did, so so they told us when they first started.

You can buy a similar brw to Thirsty Red Frog if you buy Bud's American Ale or Mich's Amber Bock.

Archived