Shopping on Carnival Dream

flatpik6

The same company runs the shops on most all major cruiselines .. 3rd party, not Carnival. Id imagine pretty much the same as every other ship Iv been on. Duty free has some snacks, booze, tee shirts and jackets, and a few sundries, a jewelry type store with perfumes. Thats pretty much standard.

On RCL those beaded layndards that come in red or blue beads have yellow beads on RCL. lol... but same same. Just the logo stuff changes from cruiseline to cruiseline. Those claiming RCL is just a floating mall, dont seem to realize the shops are pretty much the same, same company runs them.

My husband and I are sailing on the Dream on 3/26/11. Can anyone tell me what shops are on the Dream?

There was not anything interesting when I went back in August. Standard souvenirs and there was a shop selling jewelry and watches. We noticed that if you wait til the last day, the prices of some of the souvenirs drops. We were able to get tshirts, up to size 3x, for only $10. One was a Roatan shirt, the other a Cozumel shirt. Very nice quality.

If you are going on the Western itinerary, Cozumel had the best deals for souvenirs, however, Roatan had a wonderful array of carved wood, local artist paintings and other really nice items.

Im always amazed on Carnival, those $19.99 watches on the last sea day, people go crazy for them. The line is like a mile long. They sell these exact same watches on RCL but I dont think so many newbies who think they are worth lining up for as if this is the only cruise that you can get this deal on them.

My husband and I are sailing on the Dream on 3/26/11. Can anyone tell me what shops are on the Dream?

We were on the Dream in October. There is a jewelry/perfume store and then a duty free/gifts type store. Art gallery further down on the Promenade. But that is about it.

Those $19.99 watches.... just because they have a sticker on them that is marked "$89.99" doesn't mean that they are actually ever worth $89.99. :D

I wanted an inexpensive, yet nice-looking watch to bring home the BF as a souvenir, and I had to face MOBS of people, fighting over watches and hoarding them like Tickle Me Elmos on Black Friday!!! :eek: Cruisers were running to the registers with arms full of boxes, stacked up to their chins. It was quite ridiculous... yet amusing.

At the end of the night, the same watches were still available on the tables!

Those $19.99 watches.... just because they have a sticker on them that is marked "$89.99" doesn't mean that they are actually ever worth $89.99. :D

I wanted an inexpensive, yet nice-looking watch to bring home the BF as a souvenir, and I had to face MOBS of people, fighting over watches and hoarding them like Tickle Me Elmos on Black Friday!!! :eek: Cruisers were running to the registers with arms full of boxes, stacked up to their chins. It was quite ridiculous... yet amusing.

Im so amazed too. You should have seen the line just to get into the store the last time I ran into this sale!!! And they do have all they can possibly carry they go to the register with, yes up to their chins to help them carry all those valuable watches.

We were on the Dream in May and it was the same thing, when I saw the hoards of people with the boxes (yes to their chins) I figured it had to be some amazing bargain - once I could finally get through the crowd I saw what they were and was totally baffled by the frenzy.... oh well to each their own lol

Archived