Is this a good price for a Balcony Guarantee on Freedom of the Seas?

We are planning a cruise in May (near memorial Day) and I was going to wait until the last minute (30-60 days before) to book my cruise because everyone is telling me thats the way to get a deal, but recently I went ahead and booked a sailing on 5/22 on FOS for a balcony guarantee for $799pp because I thought that was a really great price considering time of year and such.

Anyway, now I'm worried I jumped the gun. I really don't see it going lower but ????. My previous cruises were on CCL and Princess so I don;t know for sure if that is a good price for this sailing?

Anyone with more experience wanna weigh in? ;)

We just booked a cruise for May th on the FOS. We paid $729 for a balcony guarantee. Since we are diamond+ we were able to take off $225 .... however, when I called to book the cruise, because I had a next cruise that was booked in October, they said I qualified to take $250.00 off since it was in the 6month or longer range. So, I guess the answer to your question would be a yes. When I look at balconies at similar times, of course they are much higher. I guess the value is in the "eye" of the beholder, but I like the $700ish range less my discounts.

My parents booked a balcony for the 5/8/11 FOS for $1049.00- and they booked way back in April 2010. We picked the 5/8 sailing because we wanted to go sometime in April or May and the 5/8 date was considerably less than all the other sailings. I would be thrilled with a price in the 700s! Enjoy!

How long is your cruise? I have never gotten $700 price range.

The closest we got was $899 and that is with Diamond and military rate AND booking a year in advance. Our cruise was for 7 nights.

We recently added our son and girlfriend to our FOS cruise in March and it was about $1,099 for 7 nights...You got a great deal.

I was booked in a pr room (749.00) on the Freedom the week of 5/14 -- two weeks ago a balcony guarantee came up at $729.00 per person - needless to say I JUMPED on this deal in a hearbeat and INCLUDING my diamond balcony discount it came to $629.00 a $140.00 per person difference, plus we are in a Balcony room -- YAHOOO!!! I do believe I got a bargain.

Check the prices everyday -- you never know how low a room can go.

We are planning a cruise in May (near memorial Day) and I was going to wait until the last minute (30-60 days before) to book my cruise because everyone is telling me thats the way to get a deal, but recently I went ahead and booked a sailing on 5/22 on FOS for a balcony guarantee for $799pp because I thought that was a really great price considering time of year and such.

Anyway, now I'm worried I jumped the gun. I really don't see it going lower but ????. My previous cruises were on CCL and Princess so I don;t know for sure if that is a good price for this sailing?

Anyone with more experience wanna weigh in? ;)

Were booked in Jan. and we paid $819pp and got a $100 on board credit. I thought that was a good price.

• 2 weeks later...

glad to see you booked it! I was watching the May FOS sailings and found a balcony for 5/15 at $729 like i think one other person said they found too. I booked on 12/31 so I was able to get $125 off with a C&A discount and i think we ended up with a great bargain!

Archived